RANT: I am not too happy with MWAVE today!!!

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have been buying from MWave.com for about a year now and up till 2 orders ago I was very happy with them. The last time I ordered parts from them, I ordered an Acer 12/8/32 CD-RW drive. When it came it was obviously used! The "Check contents if broken" seal had been broken and taped back on and the software envelope was torn open. That got me a little mad but the drive *seemed* to work so I did not say anything.

Yesterday my APC Notebooks Surge Arrest came from them and even though it was in it's package it had been damaged. There were scrapes on the casing and you can hear something broken inside. I plugged it in and it emmited a strange buzzing noise.

Today the 256MB SO-DIMM for my laptop came and I discovered to my dismay that it was twice the size of a standard SO-DIMM and would not fit! Since I needed it ASAP, I had to run out to Best Buy and buy a 128MB SO-DIMM. Also the Hitachi 8X DVD-ROM that I ordered for my uncle was incorrectly advertised. It is supposed to read CDs at 40X but according to my tests it only reads CDs at 32X.

I must say that I am very disappointed with MWave today. I am going to send them an Email very soon. Unless they straighten out the problems I think I will take my business elsewhere! I will let everyone know how it goes. BTW, I am not trying to make MWave look bad. I still like them but I am really mad right now.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
I frickin hate mwave.... they are the worst!... well no... gogocity is worse...

order from tcwo.com they've done some amazing things for me.... I recieved a bad motherboard from them, and didnt realize that was the problem for like 2 months... and lost the box shipping static bag... so I tossed it in a garbage bag and shipped it back.... they without questions shipped me a brand spanking new one free of charge...

-Max

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Today the 256MB SO-DIMM for my laptop came and I discovered to my dismay that it was twice the size of a standard SO-DIMM and would not fit! Since I needed it ASAP, I had to run out to Best Buy and buy a 128MB SO-DIMM. Also the Hitachi 8X DVD-ROM that I ordered for my uncle was incorrectly advertised. It is supposed to read CDs at 40X but according to my tests it only reads CDs at 32X. >>

Is that Mwave's fault, or your own for not doing the research that you should have done before buying? Also, is it possible that [your] &quot;tests&quot; are incorrectly reporting the speed of the drive? If I remember correctly, the 40X speed is a maximum, only attainable in ideal situations.

<< I must say that I am very disappointed with MWave today. I am going to send them an Email very soon. Unless they straighten out the problems I think I will take my business elsewhere! I will let everyone know how it goes. BTW, I am not trying to make MWave look bad. I still like them but I am really mad right now. >>

One of the things that impresses me most about Mwave is the way they handle customer dissatisfaction. I have no doubt that they will try very hard to rectify your situation as much as possible.

(No, I do not work for Mwave. I have, however, done quite a bit of business with them over the past year, and I have been very satisfied. They are my top recommendation for online computer hardware vendors).

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
reitz: I looked at all the info on their site about that SO-DIMM before ordering it and it did not say anywhere that it was bigger than a standard SO-DIMM. I thought all SO-DIMMs were the same size. As for the DVD-ROM, I used Ahead CD-Speed to test it with the same disc I use in every drive I test. All the drives I have tested except 2 have reached their rated speed by the end of the disc. The 2 that did not both have excuses. One was failing and the other was a real piece of junk.

<< One of the things that impresses me most about Mwave is the way they handle customer dissatisfaction. I have no doubt that they will try very hard to rectify your situation as much as possible. >>

I know you are right. I did RMA something once and they gave me the best service ever. I hope I will have the same experience this time. I am just a little (lot) mad at the number of problems. This is one situation where time is important. I NEED all of this stuff working tomorrow!

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< I thought all SO-DIMMs were the same size. >>

I'm not trying to pick on your or anything, but this particular mistake is yours. You should have researched SO-DIMMS (I'll be honest, I have no idea what they are) before you purchased. You likely would have learned that they are not all the same size, and would have adjusted your order accordingly.

That said, though, I think you do have valid complaints with the rest of your issues. Good luck to you, and I hope it all works out. Let us know if Mwave comes through for you; if they do, that's just another reason to recommend the company.