Rant- Company that does not know when to leave. **now with pic**

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
So we have these people here visiting my wife (former students of hers). Been here a couple of hours, and normally that is ok, but they decided they do not want anything to do with the dog. For some reason, he wants to play with them, and the more he tries to get their attention, the more they ignore them. So he starts barking, and now the kids are up and out with them. I am in the back of the house with the dog so we have some peace. If they would just scratch the damn animal, that would be fine, and I know some people are uncomfortable around animals, but after 2 or 3 hours of this I would have figured out that this visit should end. Not so here. Cant believe they are so oblivious. Anyway, I guess that means I dont have to entertain :beer:

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
It's remarkable how a rant about company not leaving turned into a rant about company not petting your dog. :)

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I think (hope) they are leaving. Dunno, it might take them a half hour to say goodbye

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Tyler
You're pissed cause they don't want to pet the dog?

Nope, that is what caused a forced exile into my kids bedroom. Thats the only place far enough from where they are so he cant hear them well enough to start barking. So here I sit. Not my idea of a fun Saturday night

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
A little story, and a fact of life.

I have to work in people's homes every day. At least half of these people have dogs. When I walk in the door the doggies bark, snarl or jump all over me. I let them sniff my hand to get to trust me. I then pet them, especially behind the ears and right above their tails. They all become my best friends. After that , if the dog doesn't leave me alone and let me do my job I kick the son of a bitch right in the gut and watch it bounce off the fvcking wall! Fvcking dogs piss me off.:Q

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
A little story, and a fact of life.

I have to work in people's homes every day. At least half of these people have dogs. When I walk in the door the doggies bark, snarl or jump all over me. I let them sniff my hand to get to trust me. I then pet them, especially behind the ears and right above their tails. They all become my best friends. After that , if the dog doesn't leave me alone and let me do my job I kick the son of a bitch right in the gut and watch it bounce off the fvcking wall! Fvcking dogs piss me off.:Q

Springers do get excited, and as I say I understand some people do not like animals. Now what you do not do is make eye contact and wave your hands around more and more. If you do that the dog thinks you are playing. You ignore him and he goes away. Otherwise the owner has to take the pooch into another part of the house and sit in exile, trying to keep the beast quiet. :disgust:

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
So we have these people here visiting my wife (former students of hers). Been here a couple of hours, and normally that is ok, but they decided they do not want anything to do with the dog. For some reason, he wants to play with them, and the more he tries to get their attention, the more they ignore them. So he starts barking, and now the kids are up and out with them. I am in the back of the house with the dog so we have some peace. If they would just scratch the damn animal, that would be fine, and I know some people are uncomfortable around animals, but after 2 or 3 hours of this I would have figured out that this visit should end. Not so here. Cant believe they are so oblivious. Anyway, I guess that means I dont have to entertain :beer:

i had a friend who went overboard with pets.

he had 3 dogs (retrievers) 2 cats and 3 birds (flying around out of the cage) all in the house, all moving around freely.

ME i could never live like that.

anyway, whenever i'd go over to his house, all the dogs would want to be petted etc. annoying, especially when the dog slobbers on you.