Rant: Co-worker crying to his mommy

MisterServer

Dec 29, 1999
Rewind back to three weeks ago, a co-worker of mine (an ME) asks me (an EE) to setup some simple wiring configurations for him even though I gave him the wiring diagram complete with coloring codes and everything. He asks me if I could wire/solder everything together because he's "got his hands full." I just do it because I wasn't busy with anything else and I felt like helping the guy out (first mistake, I know). So I finish this crap for him and I walk up to his desk and see he's browsing for car parts. Busy my ass, but I just shrug it off this time and say to myself "fu*k this guy I'm not sticking my neck out for him next time." So fast forward to today and said co-worker asks me to help him out setting up some measurements for his project. So I give him a hand setting up all his instrumentation and wiring since it did require some amount of EE knowledge to do so, and I even gave him advice on how he should perform his tests. Anyways, after everything's set up for him he has the nerve to ask me to do the testing for him. Now this involves taking simple voltage readings off the multimeter and logging the results into an excel sheet, basically something a monkey could do and would be a big waste of my time. So I tell him that I really have other things to do and it isn't my responsibility to finish his project. So he runs off after saying "Fine." and I find out hours later that he told his department's boss what happened. I eventually find out about this in the weekly meeting that all the engineers have when this said boss says to everyone "EE and ME guys need to work together." No names were mentioned in any incident but still, it was complete BS in my mind as I did my part to help the ME guy get started but I'm not going to finish his project for him. Luckily my boss was on my side the whole time so that's all that really matters in the end, but it still pissed me off to no end that this guy went crying to his boss. :| End rant :beer:

PS. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIINS

Cliffs:
-coworker asks me for help with his project
-i help up to what is required of me and tell him to do the rest himself
-coworker cries to his boss and boss says crap indirectly in the weekly meeting
-i sock coworker in the face for being a bitch (ok so I added that part)

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
have your boss tell his boss that he is browsing car parts when he should be working... then asks others to do his work for him.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Fvcking CYA with a paper trail next time man.

say, " I really can't help you RIGHT now... I'll be over in a bit, could you send me an e-mail with your requirements? I need to keep track of what I've done for the next meeting."

Sounds like your department is lacking in oversight and some fvkctards are taking advantage of it.

MisterServer

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
have your boss tell his boss that he is browsing car parts when he should be working... then asks others to do his work for him.

I really don't want to snitch. Yes I know that guy did it to me and yes I know its one way to get ahead in the corporate ladder but still...

Originally posted by: djheater
Sounds like your department is lacking in oversight and some fvkctards are taking advantage of it.

you have no idea.. luckily my direct boss knows i'm a good worker and he always backs me up.

helpme

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2000

Watch them introduce timesheets for tracking resources. Then you'll be happy and sorry all at the same time.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004

Yep, that simple. In an ideal world anyway.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: MisterServer

I really don't want to snitch. Yes I know that guy did it to me and yes I know its one way to get ahead in the corporate ladder but still...

then don't worry for it. he snitched on you first. you don't want to get in trouble because of this lazyass.