*RANT* Car washes are NOT worth it

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Just paid $10 for a car wash and wax. they also claimed to wash the windshield, but didnt get any of the bug stains off

ugg..i could have done better myself.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
That's why I never used car washes when I had a car :)

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Are you talking about a manual car wash or one of those machines you put your car through?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i only use the dollar wash to preclean my car if its really really really dirty.

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
I dont even bother to wash my car anymore. Once a month I pull it up in the yard and spray it down with a hose, but thats the extent of it.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I paid $10 for my car wash.. They did a good job. :)

Before then, I haven't had my car washed for atleast 3 months.. was full of dirt and bug guts.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Imported

Before then, I haven't had my car washed for atleast 3 months.. was full of dirt and bug guts.

It's grey. How can you tell?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Imported

It's grey. How can you tell?

Cause it's shiny. :p

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It's not that hard to just wash it yourself. I wouldn't let anyone wash my car, because I'd have to critique them on everything and verify all the methods they uesd. The last thing I'd want is to pay some moron to put swirl marks in my finish.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Descartes
It's not that hard to just wash it yourself. I wouldn't let anyone wash my car, because I'd have to critique them on everything and verify all the methods they uesd. The last thing I'd want is to pay some moron to put swirl marks in my finish.

is that your Z?

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
You're not supposed to wax the windshield!

Those hot wax things at auto carwashes are no substitute for a true hand wax job. They are for in-between waxes!

-DAK-

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: shuttleteam
You're not supposed to wax the windshield!

Those hot wax things at auto carwashes are no substitute for a true hand wax job. They are for in-between waxes!

-DAK-

This is why you have a professional give you a handjob. ;)

MisterPresident

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
Usually, if you are dissatisfied with the results at one of those auto carwash places, you can drive back around and tell them how you feel, and they will usually fix the problem area, or let you go through again. I had this problem many times over when taking my dad's BMW (with wire rims) through the wash... the wheels would need at least two run throughs to get clean.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Linux23
Originally posted by: Descartes

is that your Z?

Yes. That was the day after I washed it.... myself :)