Rant: Cable Companies

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
It amazes me that no matter how big of a block of time they schedule to show up they always arrive in the last 5 mins of that block. I've been sitting here since 11 (for my 11-2 appt) and am feeling a bit annoyed. (my modem has been rebooting itself every 10 to 15 mins for a week now)

blah.

mdchesne

Banned
Feb 27, 2005
Originally posted by: toekramp
It amazes me that no matter how big of a block of time they schedule to show up they always arrive in the last 5 mins of that block. I've been sitting here since 11 (for my 11-2 appt) and am feeling a bit annoyed. (my modem has been rebooting itself every 10 to 15 mins for a week now)

blah.

when they show up, tell them to get lost "we had an appointment scheduled at 11! you're late and now i'm busy. I'm calling your supervisor" do that. worked for me. everytime i need cable service or a new line in, they arrive on time, or PDQ

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sounds like Directv except they never call or bother showing up. They say "Be available between 12-5pm" so I am. I give them a call around 5:30 only to hear, "Oh I am sorry, our installers van broke down how about tomorrow 12-5pm ?"

This happened to me 2 times, once in '03 and again just last month. Same excuse each time.