Rangel to keep his chairmanship???

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
http://wcbstv.com/local/charle...el.uncle.2.817769.html

I fail to see how Pelosi can continue to allow him to hold these positions when it's obvious he has abused his position of power. Is it time for some of you who believed her "most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history," to admit you were duped?

I'll take crooked Rangel over you heroes anyday.

Do you honestly believe any politician goes for the job for the money the actual job pays? :confused:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I fail to see how Pelosi can continue to allow him to hold these positions when it's obvious he has abused his position of power. Is it time for some of you who believed her "most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history," to admit you were duped?

I am unaware of anyone that thought Congress was suddenly going to become a paragon of virtue when the Democrats took control. It's nowhere in the same ballpark as perfect, but jesus compared to the 109th Congress it's doing A-OK.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hey look, it's the 3 stooges...

:laugh: Duhvert much?

How is it anywhere close to a diversion? I said I was unaware of anyone who thought the current congress was going to solve all those problems, but I think that by any reasonable estimate this Congress appears to be far less corrupt than the one that came before it. This isn't that much of a competition because the 109th Congress was probably one of the worst in American history, but credit where credit is due.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: eskimospy

How is it anywhere close to a diversion? I said I was unaware of anyone who thought the current congress was going to solve all those problems, but I think that by any reasonable estimate this Congress appears to be far less corrupt than the one that came before it. This isn't that much of a competition because the 109th Congress was probably one of the worst in American history, but credit where credit is due.

Uh, hello - Pelosi stated - "most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history," Yeah...sure...
And do we need to go dig up the threads where people like you(don't remember if you were one of them or not) were defending the notion that they would be ethical and open?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Uh, hello - Pelosi stated - "most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history," Yeah...sure...
And do we need to go dig up the threads where people like you(don't remember if you were one of them or not) were defending the notion that they would be ethical and open?

Sure, go dig up those threads. I don't remember anyone saying they believed Pelosi when she said this would be the most ethical Congress in history. I certainly didn't. I did believe them that they would be better then the 109th, and by every measure I'm aware of they have been.

Part of this came from the absolutely spectacular nature of the corruption under the Republicans, and part of it is that the Democrats are new to the majority. Give them a few more years in power and they will become increasingly corrupt themselves. It just takes a little time to re-route the money and influence networks.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: winnar111
And this is the guy who's gonna spoonfeed barack his new tax legislation.

No evidence, no substance, another winnar

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Sure, go dig up those threads. I don't remember anyone saying they believed Pelosi when she said this would be the most ethical Congress in history. I certainly didn't. I did believe them that they would be better then the 109th, and by every measure I'm aware of they have been.

Part of this came from the absolutely spectacular nature of the corruption under the Republicans, and part of it is that the Democrats are new to the majority. Give them a few more years in power and they will become increasingly corrupt themselves. It just takes a little time to re-route the money and influence networks.

Uhhh... just because you think the 109 was bad doesn't mean that this one is good or the "most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history". But if you want to play the game of worsterester to excuse/divert from this.... so be it.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
So the new standard of behavior is to just do a little better than the last crooks?

Has anyone asked Obama about this issue? I would love to see his answer.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
I think Stevens, Rangel and Vitter should resign today and right now.

Very few politicians today are in power that do not put money in their pockets first.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001

Irrelevant. The issue is Rangel... not someone who hasnt been in congress for years. For a Congress who's biggest political pledge was to bring back integrity and ethics to Congress..... yeah, not so much.

Obama could win the election today if he was smart about this Rangel business... but he's just a party hack, so he wont even mention it I am betting.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001

I am unaware of anyone that thought Congress was suddenly going to become a paragon of virtue when the Democrats took control. It's nowhere in the same ballpark as perfect, but jesus compared to the 109th Congress it's doing A-OK.

Despite the current approval ratings... lowest in HISTORY. Are you part of that 9% that actually think they are doing their jobs?

Relativism is a wonderful tool. Despite what they campaigned on... the WONDERFUL ethics legislation that Obama co-sponsored... NOTHING has changed. Go ahead, give them a pass. So much for change.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001

EXCEPT the 110th Congress itself. Per their words, they were going to restore honesty, ethics, and transparency. They have done none of those things... and have the lowest LOWEST approval in history.