Random thought on the stimulus check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2004
The funny thing is they mailed a notice to everybody notifying them of the dates that their stimulus check would be arriving (dependent on their social security number). What the letter did not say was that, because I am a dependent, I will not be receiving a stimulus check (even though I made more money than my parents last year).

/rant

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
The funny thing is they mailed a notice to everybody notifying them of the dates that their stimulus check would be arriving (dependent on their social security number). What the letter did not say was that, because I am a dependent, I will not be receiving a stimulus check (even though I made more money than my parents last year).

/rant

The people who did not get a stimulus check last year due to being a dependant will get a $300 credit on thier 2008 tax returns if they are no longer one.

My younger brother lucked out because my dad isnt claiming him this year. He got all of his federal back + $300.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: dullard
Is this thread a year too late?

Yes.

It just frustrates me; I mean how many people did they fool into thinking "well I'll get a stimulus check in 3 months, so I can go ahead and spend the $300 now". I wasn't one of them. But it still frustrates me that they gamed me like that.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel49
no stimulous in 2009 just bailouts and handouts.
No stimulus yet. If the current skullfvckery doesn't affect the desired changes another move in the gov's hopper could be another round of stimulus checks, but this one far more significant, and far more ridiculous, too. They are now on their final play, printing money, so if that doesn't work they simply have to print more. They may as well throw some at the citizenry while they're at it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yeah they think $13 more a week in tax relief is going to save everyone.
Then they can brag "see... we lowered your taxes".

The only realistic idea I've come across (no doubt a DOA idea), was to suspend fed taxes, or cut in half fed taxes withheld for 6 months. All workers.

For that you'd need to change your legal name to citicorp, GM or AIG.

Guess Obama's 1 million $ smile is suppose to get us thru this...?

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Didnt you get the memo? We didn't help Obama's Campaign Cost so therefore we loose out on our handouts....

Status
Not open for further replies.