Random act of kindness Anandtech style. A thank you thread.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
So on Wednesday I was contacted by one of the mods here at Anandtech on behalf of another member who wanted to anonymously gift me an Amazon gift card. It was completely unexcepted and literally took me by surprise.
I just wanted to publicly say thank you to who ever decided to randomly give me such a nice unexpected surprise especially considering how close it is to the holidays. I've been a member here for close to ten years and have never or never expected something like this to happen. So anyway on behalf of me and my family we wish this person a heartfelt thank you, Merry Christmas , and Happy New Year.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Same thing here, I was pretty taken aback by it. Thank you and merry Christmas whoever you are.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I also received one last week, and I was shocked to say the least. It totally caught me off guard. I want to thank the kind random stranger for his/her kind gesture. It's much appreciated. I will pay it forward.

Reactions: Geekbabe

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I too received a surprise GC last week, it was much appreciated. Wasn't really sure how to accept it as it was such a surprise.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Amazon GCs are great since you can just add the entire balance to your account.

Getting one of those generic VISA GC's is almost like a punishment since you always end up leaving some small balance behind so you feel like you're wasting money on the card or have to jump through half a dozen hoops to structure your purchase to accomodate multiple forms of payment. Getting stuck in the checkout isle behind the coupon-er seems to have been replaced by being stuck behind the multiple and assorted gift-card holder...

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014

Getting one of those generic VISA GC's is almost like a punishment since you always end up leaving some small balance behind so you feel like you're wasting money on the card or have to jump through half a dozen hoops to structure your purchase to accomodate multiple forms of payment. Getting stuck in the checkout isle behind the coupon-er seems to have been replaced by being stuck behind the multiple and assorted gift-card holder...
You can use them to buy gas. Then just make sure that your gas purchase is the same as the left over amount on your card.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

I use those to buy Amazon gift cards.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I didn’t deserve a gift card, but thank you mystery Santa for it and making humanity look not so bad :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
GOD BLESS YOU!

if you believe in god.
if you are a heathen then may god send you to Cleveland!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I wonder with all those random gift cards to different members...would they all from the same person or different persons?

Feb 4, 2009
Thanks you unknown AT gifter.
Here’s what I got
5BB553F7-B5F1-48D1-801E-6FF8B0FB855F.jpeg
last snow storm I had early signs of frost bite on my fingers from raking the snow off my roof and various snow removal activities.
I look forward to using these kickass mittens and their insert.
I like using my snowblower, I take care of a couple neighbors too.

Reactions: Geekbabe

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
I keep driving through McDonald's waiting for someone in front of me to buy me breakfast or something.....I've gained 20 lbs. and paid for it all...sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Congrats on all you wonderful people who got stuff. And thats at least a thousand karma points to all the secret santas on this forum. Things like this help restore my faith in humanity.