Rand Paul gets assaulted by his neighbor

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
So mowing your lawn with headphones on is setting up yourself for an attack?

Have no idea what that means.

Setting yourself up for an attack would be to move into a gated community with HOA rules and then flaunting those rules. Pissing neighbors off by not following agreed upon regulations is not a recipe for personal well-being. You could end up pushing unstable people like the doctor over the cliff. Bottom line, there is no doubt that Ron Paul is a personal stone cold asshole. This I did not know before this story broke.

Nov 30, 2006
Have no idea what that means.

Setting yourself up for an attack would be to move into a gated community with HOA rules and then flaunting those rules. Pissing neighbors off by not following agreed upon regulations is not a recipe for personal well-being. You could end up pushing unstable people like the doctor over the cliff. Bottom line, there is no doubt that Ron Paul is a personal stone cold asshole. This I did not know before this story broke.
Which HOA rules did he flaunt? You seem to have some facts I haven't seen yet.

Feb 4, 2009
So mowing your lawn with headphones on is setting up yourself for an attack?

Wearing headphones while doing yard work & listening to this is cool

Wearing headphones to protect yourself is weak & low t. I don't agree with that statement but I've heard plenty of people agree that it's weak but it doesn't matter that people say it's weak and little to protect your hearing doing yard work look at all the parents that force their kids to protect themselves, what's going to happen to those kids when a fight breaks out. I don't agree with those people.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Not a fan of Ron P, but it seems the douche suckered him and should pay accordingly.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
That still seems too even-handed and close to victim-blaming. The actual violence appears to have been all on one-side.

All the same, I don't accept that there's anything victim-blaming about being curious why neither party seems to want the events to get much attention. It's not blaming Rand to just be naturally curious as to what on Earth this was about. It's not excusing the violence, it's just plain being nosy.
People are saying that Paul might have hit on the guy. That doesn't justify violence but might explain the encounter and the desire to downplay it.

Feb 4, 2009
People are saying that Paul might have hit on the guy. That doesn't justify violence but might explain the encounter and the desire to downplay it.

I've heard people saying that too but it just people saying stuff maybe its wrong but now it's two people who have heard people saying the same thing

Jul 9, 2009
Now it's 3 people finding yet another smear and yet another attempt to justify violence on the left. I really think there's no limit to the depths you lefty scum will travel.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Now it's 3 people finding yet another smear and yet another attempt to justify violence on the left. I really think there's no limit to the depths you lefty scum will travel.
So you read the thing about Paul possibly hitting on the guy as well? Dang, there must be something to this given your careful vetting of sources. Where there's smoke, there's flaming.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat
Feb 4, 2009
So you read the thing about Paul possibly hitting on the guy as well? Dang, there must be something to this given your careful vetting of sources. Where there's smoke, there's flaming.

Cut him some slack the Russian to English translator isn't working right today. There have been a few flubs.

Nov 25, 2013

"Fuck your feelings"

1*4sFXfhC8FLvpBXdJ5yhHlg.png

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

tajjy also reporting the thing about Paul hitting on his neighbor.

This is getting interesting.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Cut him some slack the Russian to English translator isn't working right today. There have been a few flubs.
lol, its the conservative tears getting in the way. really tough to type when it looks like you spilled a glass of water on your keyboard. obligatory, fuck your feelings.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
You mean the Islamic Terrorists? Sorry but i put them firmly in the authoritarian leftist ballpark. I have no claim on them and in these forums their supporters are on the left against Israel and in support of the Palestinian terrorists.
Does seem a habit.