Ramsey Clark (former Democrat Atty. Gen'l) offers to represent SADDAM.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Linky

my fav quote from the article is:
Clark described Saddam as dignified, reasonable and an interesting person. "He is a human being," Clark said.

second favorite quote:
Clark has assisted other despised leaders before. He has consulted several times with one-time Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, who is on trial in The Hague for alleged war crimes committed in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

I wonder if he has French ancestry?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
LOL, next Heartlessurgeon will say there is a connection between the French and Johnny Cochran
rolleye.gif

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
HS is either a Coulter wannabe, or a worshipper....who knows...maybe both.
so i take this to mean you agree with Ramsey Clark, that Sadam is "dignified, reasonable and an interesting person"

your certainly entitled to your point of view.......

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
Clark described Saddam as dignified, reasonable and an interesting person. "He is a human being," Clark said.
Ramsey Clark has been an appologist for any non-American perpetrator of war, violence, and genocide. The man really is a delusional hypocrite - I agree with him that the American government has done some horrible things abroad, but this does not mean we should be singing the praises of dictators and terrorists who are just as bad, or orders of magnitude worse.

:|

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not to defend Saddam in the slightest, but he'll never get a fair trial. Way too embarassing for many current admin figures, given their sanction of his brutality prior to GW1. The objective is clearly to find the right legal forum with a very narrow scope as was done with Noriega. The whole message being that puppets shouldn't get uppity, try to break the strings...

Any in depth examination of Saddam's govt and crimes with wide ranging testimony would be extremely damaging to the Bushies, so it's just not gonna happen... As with Noriega, any kind of embarassing documentation is being shredded/burned as we converse, official Iraqi files totally sanitized...

History repeats itself, and one of its more candid and brutal students, Hermann Goering, said "The winners write the history." It's never been more true...

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Were any American Generals ever put on trial for the atrocities against Native Americans?

Were any high ranking Americans ever put on trial for the atrocities against African Slaves?

How we Americans seem to forget our own history when it is convenient.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: dahunan
Were any American Generals ever put on trial for the atrocities against Native Americans?

Were any high ranking Americans ever put on trial for the atrocities against African Slaves?

How we Americans seem to forget our own history when it is convenient.

Don't forget a majority of Americans all have European ancestry.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think the real question is, if the trial is somehow done internationally (The Hague, for example) would it truley undermine Iraqi sovereignty as the Iraqis are saying?

I for one am a supporter of the Iraqis doing it themselves. After the fall of the 3rd Reich, Nazis were tried in Germany (although, defended by foreign lawyers).

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: kage69
I think the real question is, if the trial is somehow done internationally (The Hague, for example) would it truley undermine Iraqi sovereignty as the Iraqis are saying?

I for one am a supporter of the Iraqis doing it themselves. After the fall of the 3rd Reich, Nazis were tried in Germany (although, defended by foreign lawyers).

Scumbag Frenchmen?

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

Ramsey Clark (former Democrat Atty. Gen'l) offers to represent SADDAM
Heh, good old Ramsey's still at it, I see.

I'll give him this much though: The old boy never met a Nazi war criminal or <insert name of favorite dictator here> that he didn't like.

;)

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Lawyers represent criminals all the time. Clark is being a bit overly enthusiastic in his characterization of the guy, but SH is entitled to legal representation. At least until he is hanged, shot, or dismembered by an angry pack of Kurds (my personal favorite).

Some of you guys will go to any lengths to defend that TRAITOR Bush, making Clinton sound like a professor of logic with your Freshman sophistry, but someone suggests SH should have a lawyer and you act as though that notion is a moral outrage.

I'm amused.

-Robert

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm afraid the concept of justice is a bit over most people's heads. For most the fact you are arrested is evidence of your guilt. The notion that somebody is innocent till proved guilty or that they should have legal council before a court is a bothersome abstraction. We know Saddam's guilty so why not just kill him. Save us all the trouble. Vigilantes know best.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Moonbeam:

The best reason to try him is because it will be great theater. :) For the Fox Cartoon Network it will be an almost endless opportunity to show the world why Bush was right to invade Iraq. And most Americans, like so many here, will buy the hook and swallow the sinker, er, or something like that. :)

-Robert

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Moonbeam:

The best reason to try him is because it will be great theater. :) For the Fox Cartoon Network it will be an almost endless opportunity to show the world why Bush was right to invade Iraq. And most Americans, like so many here, will buy the hook and swallow the sinker, er, or something like that. :)

-Robert

Maybe he should be tried on tv by the audience and some luck viewer gets to pull his plug.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
They should make a Clinton doll out of a lump of coal the Republicans can stick between their cheeks and press to make a diamond.
Maybe he should be tried on tv by the audience and some luck viewer gets to pull his plug.
I call Corn my bunion we've grown so close
Anybody that thinks he shouldn't get a fair tiral should be shot

my hat's off to you!! i love your posts. they are unique.

gotta love Moonbeam...AT's poet laureate

i too was once a Moonbeam