Rambus shares surge after Supreme Court victory

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Infineon just got pwned.

Link.

38% surge (stock rose $7.07 to close at $25.80 for the day.) Not bad for one day's work...

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Not in this case. Let's try "fvck".:(

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
It is not a "Supreme Court victory" when the court declines hearing the case.

Jan 12, 2003
Could someone please tell me what "pwned" is? I see this a lot from internet kiddies and like to stay current on my netbonics.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I believe it is a derivation of "owned" meaning to have dramatically had the upper hand in some argument, made a great insult, or to have hacked someones computer (or h4x0r3d), . Which then in kiddie speak it is popular to insert characters or other letters...

example: "shut up b1tch, i pwn j00, j00 r n0t 31337"

:D:gift:

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Could someone please tell me what "pwned" is? I see this a lot from internet kiddies and like to stay current on my netbonics.

Its one of those letter transposition things. pwned=owned. As in "I own you". "you got owned"

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
death to rambus/SCO/RIAA

Screw these Companies and the Courts for allowing them to Rape and Own the World.

It is clear these Companies are powerful enough and rich enough to buy the decisions of the Courts as well as the Politicians.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize
I believe it is a derivation of "owned" meaning to have dramatically had the upper hand in some argument, made a great insult, or to have hacked someones computer (or h4x0r3d), . Which then in kiddie speak it is popular to insert characters or other letters...

example: "shut up b1tch, i pwn j00, j00 r n0t 31337"

:D:gift:

Nice...like 0wNed to the sixth power...uber owned :) Tanks, j00 n00b b1tch :)

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize I believe it is a derivation of "owned" meaning to have dramatically had the upper hand in some argument, made a great insult, or to have hacked someones computer (or h4x0r3d), . Which then in kiddie speak it is popular to insert characters or other letters... example: "shut up b1tch, i pwn j00, j00 r n0t 31337" :D:gift:

£==7§¶=@/? ¿?<=§ µ= @ 3@§§?>= #=@Ð@(c)#=.
from here

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
death to rambus/SCO/RIAA

Screw these Companies and the Courts for allowing them to Rape and Own the World.

It is clear these Companies are powerful enough and rich enough to buy the decisions of the Courts as well as the Politicians.

Aren't you being just a bit hysterical here? Because the courts don't share your views on this you assume they have been somehow bought? This is only one case out of many involving Rambus and as the article makes clear no one is yet predicting how this all my turn out in the end.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: dpm
Originally posted by: alchemize I believe it is a derivation of "owned" meaning to have dramatically had the upper hand in some argument, made a great insult, or to have hacked someones computer (or h4x0r3d), . Which then in kiddie speak it is popular to insert characters or other letters... example: "shut up b1tch, i pwn j00, j00 r n0t 31337" :D:gift:

£==7§¶=@/? ¿?<=§ µ= @ 3@§§?>= #=@Ð@(c)#=.
from here

Nice...didn't know Straightdope was still around. Man, Cecil knows everything. :) Thanks for the link.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
death to rambus/SCO/RIAA

Are you a legal scholar? Do you know anything about why the Supreme Court decides whether or not to hear a case? Do you know anything about patent law? Did you read the original opinion from the Court of Appeals? If so, please explain why you hold this opinion. If not, kindly keep your uninformed knee-jerk reaction to yourself.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Better yet, does dmcowen even know what the decision of the Supreme Court even means?

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: tk149
death to rambus/SCO/RIAA

Are you a legal scholar? Do you know anything about why the Supreme Court decides whether or not to hear a case? Do you know anything about patent law? Did you read the original opinion from the Court of Appeals? If so, please explain why you hold this opinion. If not, kindly keep your uninformed knee-jerk reaction to yourself.

PULL! ....<boom>