Ralph Nader speaking at the University of Toronto

stonythug

Banned
Nov 1, 2000
I'm a democrat, I'd love to go and throw tomatoes at him. All you conservatives should go shake his hand, he helped out your side big time. The smartest thing Bush could do in 4 years is donate millions to Nader so that he can undermine the left base again(but you didn't hear that from me)

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< All you conservatives should go shake his hand >>

The only worthy thing he ever did in his life was split the vote!!!!!

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I'm a democrat, I'd love to go and throw tomatoes at him. All you conservatives should go shake his hand, he helped out your side big time. The smartest thing Bush could do in 4 years is donate millions to Nader so that he can undermine the left base again(but you didn't hear that from me) >>

Sounds like you are bitter because Nader could do what Al Gore was unable to do. Win votes!

KingHm

Feb 10, 2000
KingHam:

You are really opening up a can of worms, since Gore garnered several hundred thousand more votes than President Bush. Nader got just enough to torpedo the Gore campaign, but not nearly enough to get federal matching funds next time around, much less any chance at carrying even a single state.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< smartest thing Bush could do in 4 years is donate millions to Nader so that he can undermine the left base again >>

On the other hand the Ds might consider finding a candidate who isn't a lair, flip-flopper and who sticks to his platform's core beliefs rather than middle-fingering unions and the middle class. Then you wouldn't need to worry about splitters like Nader. But of course it wasn't Gore's fault in any way.

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
Nader spoke @ my university last year for 15,000 $US. A student asked whether he would donate any of that money back in support of need-blind admissions.

Nader said he would donate a 'large' ammount to some scholarship fund, but declined to say how much no matter how pressed for a straigth answer.

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< Sounds like you are bitter because Nader could do what Al Gore was unable to do. Win votes! >>

Hehehehe.

warcleric

Banned
May 31, 2000
Tee: yeah you are right, we should never let another party join the race for the presidency, that would be too much like a democracy </sarcasm>

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< You are really opening up a can of worms, since Gore garnered several hundred thousand more votes than President Bush. Nader got just enough to torpedo the Gore campaign, but not nearly enough to get federal matching funds next time around, much less any chance at carrying even a single state. >>

If believing that makes you feel better then more power to you. The truth is that if Nader wasn't running then most of those people wouldn't have voted at all. Assuming that if Nader had not run that they would all become Gore votes is folly. Of course, if you are a Gore supporter then thinking probably isn't your strong suit anyway ;).

KingHam

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Nader is the biggest piece of garbage in the world. If it wasnt for him, our gas milage would be much better, and the Corvair would still be around.

Pompus ASS

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Intake77,

I believe you have short-circuited. If not, please expand on your statement. I'm dying to learn how Nader has kept automobile fuel efficient down.

Feb 10, 2000
Kingham:

I never said I was a Gore supporter, so you Rush-esque arrogant flippance is misplaced. The exit polls of Nader voters showed in no uncertain terms that enough of them would have voted for Gore to turn the election (which was, in the electoral vote, not even particularly close).

Taz4158:

What did I say that tended to make you think I was against third parties?

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< What did I say that tended to make you think I was against third parties? >>

I never did think that Tee, why do you get that impression?