Rakesearch stress test for possible DC-Vault inclusion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Is RakeSearch stable enough of a project during Stress Testing????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
We're in! :)
Screenshot-2018-4-16_Rakesearch_stress_test_for_possible_DC-_Vaul.png

Reactions: zzuupp

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
10, you need to load up the optimized apps!!! Unless they do not work on TR's?

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
AMD CPUs work better with AVX app. The AVX2NoPEXT is a no go for me as it's slower than SSE2 version.

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
AMD CPUs work better with AVX app. The AVX2NoPEXT is a no go for me as it's slower than SSE2 version.

Typical for me, I used the eenie meenie miney mo choosing of the app. oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhh so many choices!!!! Then the process of installing it in the correct place.......disappointing results and repeat the process until I got it right!! Then and ONLY then after I realized I should actually look up (contacted my Google Tech guy) what my CPUs actually have to find/ use the proper version did it go smoother. You guys that are wayyyyyyyyy more smarter than I know all the mumbo jumbo.......so it's a piece of pie!!! ummm err cake? I dunno, it's working anyway.....:)

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
IIRC, every Intel CPU post Haswell era will go straight into AVX2 app.

Pretty sure that's what I ended up with, I did although have to machine re-boot to make them work properly. It wasn't just a simple BOINC manager restart.

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
So, can someone explain to me where they are getting the stats for this to keep track hourly?

Free-DC and BAM! both have me @ 65,711 total with no change since yesterday. Or is Rakesearch like WCG.....every 24hrs

Just wondering is all...................

Last edited:

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Projects export their stats as a database dump once a day (or a few times a day), like so:
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/formula-boinc-sprints-2018.2536174/page-7#post-39383893

Or/ and they have a webRPC interface open from which current stats can be pulled any time.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/formulaboinc.2500571/page-37#post-39004253

Contest sites with hourly updates use the latter at projects which support it, or need to have a private channel to projects which don't.

stats.free-dc uses the former.

--------
Edit,
RakeSearch supports webRPC. Examples:
TeAm AnandTech summary
http://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/team_lookup.php?team_id=1758
Howdy2u2 summary
http://rake.boincfast.ru/rakesearch/show_user.php?userid=4396&format=xml

Last edited:
Reactions: zzuupp and Howdy

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
Thank you Stefan, I suppose I should have looked around a little more in the threads. :oops:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Yeah......well they just lit the afterburners on those F15E StrikeEagles and left us sitting. They passed by so fast, I thought my motorcycle quit running so I hopped off to see what was wrong with it....

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah......well they just lit the afterburners on those F15E StrikeEagles and left us sitting. They passed by so fast, I thought my motorcycle quit running so I hopped off to see what was wrong with it....
I wish we could call B1 Lancer to drop some MOAB on later date.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
;)

@[H]Coleslaw....what is a passing grade on this test? So far, it's been pretty hard to access the webpage/attach a new client. The 7 day run time a test to see if they upgrade/fix the problem? They are losing points though, in my book.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Still have 32 tasks (4*8 tasks) as maximum number on my Athlon. I guess we need some app_info alteration to have meaningful bunker on future rakesearch-related challenges.
Does BOINC have a "trusted" host "feature" for the number of tasks??

I've got my usual .25 day cache going, and I've got 40 tasks for eight virtual cores. This box has been running it off and on since December.

Of course, BOINC is being a B********** on the other one. no tasks sent since rake is not the highest CPU or GPU-Nvidia (???) priority. & I've no-new-tasked my oddball projects since. :(

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
I've got my usual .25 day cache going, and I've got 40 tasks for eight virtual cores. This box has been running it off and on since December.
I already set 10+10 days worth of task cache on the computing preferences since yesterday but it's reluctant to sent me more than 32 tasks.

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
I have some "ghost" tasks that my machine is supposedly running.........BUT it has none since they are all completed according to BOINC manager. (shut down when I leave for work) They show up on their website as "in progress" *shrugs*

I can say that the issues I was having with their server have been less though speed wise.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Uh, I have kind of let this one pass me by. Is it too late to make a real difference?

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
I have some "ghost" tasks that my machine is supposedly running.........BUT it has none since they are all completed according to BOINC manager. (shut down when I leave for work) They show up on their website as "in progress" *shrugs*

I can say that the issues I was having with their server have been less though speed wise.
Depending on how big "some" is that might be it. I justed checked my own: BOINC 47: RakeAccount: 107 !! :eek: