Rainbow Six - Who still plays this?

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Not Eagles Watch or Rouge Spear, just regular R6. I went on the Zone for a game ( http://www.zone.com ) and there were like 4,000 something players online.

Man, I was shocked - I stopped playing this in like December 1998, didn't exspect it to still be around.

Although most of the players were Korean, I couldn't unsterstand anyone! LOL hehe :D

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
in R6 you can't peek around the corners, that means a quick bullet to the head in my case. I got killed a lot faster in R6 than Rogue Spear, plus Rouge looks alittle better.

Jul 14, 2000
my hat is totally off to the redstorm team.when i purchased rainbow 6, i thought it was the best game of the year, the multiplayer never stopped being fun. and then i bought eagle watch and it was even better. rogue spear was an awesome game, the whole series is incredible. there really is nothing cooler than popping round a corner running into a group of enemies and ducking, gunning three down with 1 clip. the game is so realistic, its not like in ut or cstrike where guys just jump all the time to avoid fire. i find it incredibly pathetic that people still play the original rogue spear however . just like its pathetic that people still play warcraft 2 on bnet, heck i think its pathetic anyone still plays starcraft. i outdate games SOOO fast. Diablo II is already getting old :)

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Yes but slippery, good games never get old... thats why I still play my NES :p

I had the game a while ago... it was a blast. I couldnt get multiplayer to work though which pissed me off. I wish I still had it because I wanna play it online with my new comp! :p

Paul

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is it really that good? How are the controls handled? Is it like fps where you use 'wasd'? Thinking about giving it a try. I play Cstrike alot.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I played R6 a few times, I had the demo.. it was a pretty cool game, but I never got into it. Half Life lasted maybe a week, once I finished the single player missions and played a bit of multiplayer, it just became extremely boring.

Starcraft is the one single game that I have never gotten bored of... every other game became very boring and irritating - this game, just never lost it..