Rainbow Runner G-Series.......opinions anyone?

Trashman

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2000
I'm looking at getting a video caption and TV tuner card to go along with my G400MAX...was thinkin about getting the ATI TV Wonder card but think the Rainbow Runner card would compliment my video card better....I really like the idea of using the dual-head feature for video capture. But before I run out and buy, I was hoping to get some opinions from fellow Matrox user's since I couldn't find any reviews comparing the ATI vs Matrox...I'm steepin in new grounds here video capture so I'm hopin for something pretty easy to learn.

Thanx,
Richard

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
The matrox = pertty decent 3d display for gaming in opengl, Excellent 2d display, Dual monitor support if needed, good tv tuner, good mpeg 2 decoding, excellent win98 and win2k driver support and excellent tech support if needed.
ATI AIW128 pro= poor and slow 3d and opengl, poor 2d display, no dual monitors support, the best tv tuner, the best mpeg 2 decoding in this price range, pretty nifty time shifting tvo style tv recording, Absolutly the best dvd play back using software decoding with hardware assist on the rage pro theater chipset. Poor drivers with poor driver support in win98 and win2k. Tech support is nonexistant with ATI. NOw its your choice on whats most important to you.

Rain