Raidmax Quantum RX700 and Visiontek 450W Dedicated PSU

Cadotter

Mar 23, 2009
OK guys i'm trying to sell the products listed in the topic.

Because I want to get a 1000W Corsair, but would it make sense to use my Visiontek to power up the motherboard and everything else, and use the main PSU (Raidmax 700w) to power up 2 4870's in crossfire?????

All help would greatly be appreciated.

I either want to get rid of these, or is it even worth it because its a combined wattage of 1150W!

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
For one the Visiontek PSU is 12V only...so you would not be able to power everything else with it....ATX connector and SATA connectors need 12V, 5V and 3.3V
Secondly most regular PSUs require some form of load on the smaller voltage rails, so you would likely not be able to power only the PCI-E connectors with the Raidmax. The point of the Visiontek is that you use your main PSU to power the motherboard and peripherals and use the Visiontek to power the graphics cards.

Either way you would probably be better off ditching the Raidmax.

Cadotter

Mar 23, 2009
Ok has anyone around this forum had any luck, its so hard to find people with like specs to tell me if its ok with this PSU????

I suppose I could run one card off the main PSU and the other off the Visiontek correct?

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Cadotter
Ok has anyone around this forum had any luck, its so hard to find people with like specs to tell me if its ok with this PSU????

I suppose I could run one card off the main PSU and the other off the Visiontek correct?

Plenty of people around here run 2x 4870's on 750/850w PSU's.

The only specs you've given us are the 2 4870's... nothing about CPU, drives, etc.

Sell the Raidmax, sell the Visiontek PSU, get a quality Corsair, BFG, Antec, etc. PSU and you'll be just fine. Keeping that Raidmax could very well lead to heartache.

Beanie46

Feb 16, 2009
Originally posted by: Flipped Gazelle
Keeping that Raidmax could very well lead to heartache.

I thought owning something Raidmax WAS the definition of heartache.......gotta check that out.

Hmmm......Oxford English Dictionary, under heartache......fifth definition is owning anything made by/branded Raidmax, listed right after owning anything made by/branded Ultra (def. #4.)
Yep, it's the definition of heartache all right!

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
Sell the Raidmax, sell the Visiontek PSU, get a quality Corsair, BFG, Antec, etc. PSU and you'll be just fine. Keeping that Raidmax could very well lead to heartache.

How about, sell the Visiontek and use the Raidmax as a flail at your next Renaissance Fair.

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: HOOfan 1

How about, sell the Visiontek and use the Raidmax as a flail at your next Renaissance Fair.

Wait... was that YOU I saw at last summer's Renfair? You were complaining that your corset was too tight...

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007

Wait... was that YOU I saw at last summer's Renfair? You were complaining that your corset was too tight...

I think you may have been imagining things after I whacked you in the head with my Apevia flail

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004

I think you may have been imagining things after I whacked you in the head with my Apevia flail

Bah, that Apevia flail is so light it could hardly do any damage... except to a PC. :p