Rage against the Machine now featuring Chris Cornell

skywhr

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Who else thinks this is a bad combonation?
Soundgarden was great and his solo album wasnt bad either but I just cant imagine this new combo sounding good...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

<< Who else thinks this is a bad combonation? >>

As long as it sounds good, it doesn't bother me. Zach, IMHO, wasn't that great on the last two RATM albums.

I heard Chuck D from Public Enemy fame was rumored to be a candidate as well.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Well they are not keeping the name Rage Against the Machine so I doubt it is going to be the same sound. I would be willing to bet it is the same type of music(Hard rock/metal) but it won't sound anything like RATM. I personally am happy to see Chris Cornell do something besides a solo album because he proved that he can't write interesting music when he did the solo album.

BTW I loved Soundgarden and RATM.

Jim

jman7272

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
I was personally getting a little tired of their bull$hit political messages... Glad they're broken up. Zach was an @sshole IMO. Hope CC can get something going with the rest of the group. He is a great frontman and the rest of the band has great talent. Just think it will be weird hearing CC belt out bombtrack... :D

dohyun

Nov 4, 1999
and guess what Zack de la rocha is doing...a solo album right?? but guess what, i heard that hes fusing it with drum n bass!!!?? this will be definitely interesting, i think hes working on it with roni size. thers already a song they made, centre of the storm - by roni size, featuring zack. havent had a chance to check it out yet... i kinda wish someone else was working on it with him instead of roni size though..