Rage $29.95 @ D2D

Status
Not open for further replies.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Not a bad price - but any PC Rage owners want to chime in?

yea or ney?

It feels and plays like a great shooter. The gunplay is excellent. Unfortunately, the story and world is very generic and there is nothing memorable about the game (besides the gunplay). Distance views are amazing - no game can match Rage's level of detail over distances. When you are up close objects and being close to walls (etc.) though - and this is no exaggeration - the game looks noticeably worse than Doom 3. All that said, I got about 16 hours out of it, enjoyed it all, but easily left it behind and don't have a desire to go back and play it.

So, in my opinion, it's worth $30 but no more.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
It kind of just felt like a crappy version of borderlands with superior graphics.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

The best games are created when a team is passionate about some aspect of the experience: be it the lead character, the setting, the story, or a new game mechanic. There is nothing about the characters, setting, story, or mechanics in Rage that's interesting, new, exciting, or fun. It feels like a group of people had to create a game because they were under contract...

whao.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I played it on xbox 360, and I felt the reviews were a bit harsh.

pros:

- Overall the combat in the shooting missions was good (most of the game)
- racing parts were fairly fun if you're into arcade driving games

cons:

- story was poorly developed/paced
- RGP elements felt pointless to me
- driving to and fro throughout the wasteland got a little tiresome

Worth $20-30 IMO, but I'm sure it will continue to drop so if you have other stuff to play you might want to wait.

Trailblazer

Jan 28, 2004
I was very dissapointed at first. I've been an avid ID fan since the beginning and I anxiously await each new release. I really didn't like the driving at first, now I have fun with it. I didn't like the guns at first (who doesn't want 5,002 guns like in borderlands?) but in true ID fashion, the weapons have ended up delivering, especially the shotgun as you would expect from these guys. The game itself has really grown on me.

However, the length of the game is a real pisser. I don't understand why we're expected to pay $60 for 17 hours of gameplay. It's ridiculous. I played Borderlands for months. Sorry ID, but I consider this to be a fail on this point alone.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
lotta bitching to bitch about it..(way more headlines disliking a game then liking it) its pretty much on par with most games now.. lookgs good, plays good.. to bad 100 other games do too. Its not COD/MOH/BF3 so its not goign to get the love.. with that said. it was released a mess.. its since improved.. but its pretty much a average game.

Holler

May 23, 2000
the problem I have with rage is that it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Is it a rpg?
is it a shooter?
is it a driving game?
is it a co-op game?
note- you can't play the campaign co-op though.

It's this modular compilation of multiple genres and it FAILS in every single one.
Ridiculously, for a ID engine game, it probably excels in the driving genre the most, but it still lacks ultimately.

and let's not talk about the ending, please.

Last edited:

Holler

May 23, 2000
Doesn't Brink have some blood on its hands in this battle?

not as much, Brink's a significantly different type of game (more multiplayer centric)

However, Brink's core gameplay is actually fun if you invest the time.

It's still flawed in that in it looks like it got rushed out and never fully developed the campaign experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.