Question Rage 2 - Anyone buying day one?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I read about the first game and didn't really pay attention to it since it didn't look all that appealing (I figured it was some weird Mad Max knockoff) but after seeing some previews for Rage 2, I think it might actually be worthwhile. That being said, it is made by Bethesda who doesn't exactly have the best track record at the moment, so there's that bit of hesitation. I'm also going back to work tomorrow and I'll be out of town for a month, so I won't even get to look at any actual gameplay videos until I get back (unless I'm working in an area with service - which is rare). Just wondered what everyone's opinions were on this game. I don't honestly remember any decent shooters since Doom 2016 so this looks like it might be able to fill the gap while I wait for Borderlands 3 next year (no I'm not going with Epic this September).

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Nope. No day 1 purchases for me ever from now on.

Can wait until a game is solidly patched, all dlc included bundle for 75% off.

I own but have never gotten around to playing even the first Rage.

Reactions: KeithP

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I had fun with Rage 1 even with it's issues. I thought about picking up 2 on day of release (today) but I've got a pretty busy work week so going to wait for some reviews, then grab it this weekend if the consensus is positive.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Not really interested by this game for now. I could buy it but I don't think I'd play it much. I might check for it again when it's on sale in about a year with patches and DLCs in. For now I'm busy enough with MK11. And, besides, I never finished the first Rage anyway (got to maybe half way, perhaps less than that, then stopped and never played it again).

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
I was looking forward to another Rage game and am disappointed as heck after playing this iteration for several hrs. WAY technical (upgrades, down grades, new this, new that, ) too colourful and distracting, uninteresting and unengaging environment.
Did I say, been there, done that and feeling sleepy ?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I thought Rage 1 was released before Mad Max? (so video game knock off, no? but content wise...I get that)

Anyway, definitely no day1 for me. I rarely do that. Rage 1 had so many issues on release, and I eventually picked it up some years later for maybe $10. I enjoyed it, I think it's a fine game, but I didn't get really far. I think I just got tired of the missions early on. Probably has to do with the driving missions + keyboard, which I've never really liked. I don't think I had a gamepad at that time, so I'd probably enjoy it more if I tried switching to gamepad for driving stuff.

But yeah...upcoming is Borderlands 3 and Cyberpunk whenever that will happen. I'm content with backlog. Still on the fence of BL3 will be day 1 for me, though. I can probably wait the 6 months for Steam, and I'd much rather do that, but who knows where my brain will be ~3 days ahead of release.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
My impressions of it were that it's a good shooter but the world and characters are flat. Also, the whole "recommend to use a controller" thing is a bit of a turnoff but I can live with that.

Borderlands 3 this is not, but I don't think anyone would have figured different.

EDIT: upon trying it out the game is basically Mad Max + Doom 2016... so if you liked either of those games or both you'll probably dig it.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yup, got it.
Alas, it appears I have no idea as how to play it.
Giant crafting/progression system, use resources to upgrade towards .. what, level up your progress vs. opponents before i can unlock super boss, cant unlock superpowers before arks, story tells me to pick it up but text says I already got it ... follow moon rock in sky, no markings on the map, cant find, multiple targets on map and outside of map WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. Its open maply yet wants me to progress some story I dont understand.
G
raphics besides characters are awesome but characters suck gfx wise, plus move up to you best friend npc, press E to talk, then silent treatment. All is not well in this game yet PLUS I am confused as Ffffff. :).

Reactions: deustroop

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Thought this is going to be a good and fun game but based on many reviews I will wait and buy the game when it hits $20 or less.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Anyone else finding the "Derby Race" semi redarded? The car handling is questionable enough to begin with, you never know what kind of surface you are driving on(sometimes handling better off road than on road) and turning a car is often like trying to turn a car with the handbrakes on, pulling on the front wheels. Id say that the driving is handling better in pubg than in this and thats something.... and then do a whole race-theme around it? *shrugs*

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Anyone else finding the "Derby Race" semi redarded? The car handling is questionable enough to begin with, you never know what kind of surface you are driving on(sometimes handling better off road than on road) and turning a car is often like trying to turn a car with the handbrakes on, pulling on the front wheels. Id say that the driving is handling better in pubg than in this and thats something.... and then do a whole race-theme around it? *shrugs*

I freely say I'm not very good at racing games, but this one did annoy more than most. Felt like every time I had a handle on the stupid car it would randomly slide and bounce off a wall.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
lol i haven't tried the racing aspect of the game yet... one could only figure it would be a circus.

Aside from attacking bandit hideouts and shotgunning mutants the game isn't real exciting. It looks nice and the gunplay is quite good but it seems like that's where their best efforts stopped.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Finished it.
It was OK .. campaign was just .. linear.
If it was a movie, it was an OK good movie, not a great movie but an ok one.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Rage 2 is on sale for a 19.79 on steam.

Personally this is the only price i would buy the game at as it has very bad reviews, but i did sort of enjoy the first one, so 20 dollars for the game doesnt seem that bad.