Raeliens claim birth of second cloned baby...

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
who teh hell are the Raeliens? Are we talking StarTrek here?

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: RGN
who teh hell are the Raeliens? Are we talking StarTrek here?

They're Israelis Aliens... hence the name realiens... :p

j/k... they're another group of people who think they know the origins of humanity and that some alien life form came to earth and bio-engineered the human race then left us to grow on our own.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Electrode
who teh hell are the Raeliens?
A Canadian sex cult that believes that the human race was created by aliens. I think their website is rael.org.

So we are talking StarTrek. What a bunch of nutjobs.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ChrisIsBored
A Canadian sex cult that believes that the human race was created by aliens. I think their website is rael.org.

Whoa... they're a sex cult? Hmmm... wonder how much to join up. :p

3% of your annual income. Its on the application.

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: EdipisReks
so i only need to pay like $7? sweet!

Judging by your entry fee... you'll probably be getting sloppy seconds or trashy thirds pretty much all the time :p

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Come on people, this is a fvcking cult were talking about, it's all bull. Not even scientists dedicated to cloning can successfully clone a damn sheep without literally failing 2,000+ times.

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: EdipisReks
so i only need to pay like $7? sweet!

Judging by your entry fee... you'll probably be getting sloppy seconds or trashy thirds pretty much all the time :p

hey, doesn't all that extra DNA help with the cloning? ;)

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: BD231
Come on people, this is a fvcking cult were talking about, it's all bull. Not even scientists dedicated to cloning can successfully clone a damn sheep without literally failing 2,000+ times.
That is the reasons they supposedly hired the top scientists in the cloning field to do this work. It really is realitively simple, extract the DNA, put it into another cell, and see if a baby develops. Repeat. The problem is that the babies will have defects until this is perfected. They never claimed to have perfect babies.

Any word yet on when they'll get the testing done on the first?
The parents of the first said they won't volunteer for testing. But there are supposedly about 5 more babies coming. Who knows if those will be tested.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
how are these people even getting this much press?

ATOT should claim that they have succesfully cloned a human, could be some cash in it...publicity at worst :/

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So is this baby a clone of the first clone? Hmm, I wonder how much DNA damage a clone of a clone would have. Like, they probably wouldn't have Downs Syndrome or anything like that, but you can imagine they'd be pretty messed up.

Then again, anyone born to Raelian parents would be pretty messed up anyway...

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
The leading cloning scientist, is trying to clone chimps and is 0-600. Its highly doubtfull this cult was able to get so many successes in the most complicated animal(human) to clone, when lesser animals(dogs, cats, sheep, pigs, chimps) cloned by leading scientists have had hundreds or thousands of failures before a single full term clone(most of which had problems and died). So far in the world there cloned sheep, bulls, pigs, dogs, and cats. Theres no way they were 10 out of 15 like they are claiming.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
In other news, virtuamike has given birth to cloned TWINS. Beat that raeliens.

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dullard
that is the reasons they supposedly hired the top scientists in the cloning field to do this work. It really is realitively simple, extract the DNA, put it into another cell, and see if a baby develops. Repeat. The problem is that the babies will have defects until this is perfected. They never claimed to have perfect babies.

that isn't true at all. there have been zero success with higher order mammals, as the "simple" procedure is turning out to be anything but. theoretically, you are right: just extract and inject. it doesn't work, however. there is some complication in the nucleus of the donor cell that is preventing this from working properly. the reasons for the problems aren't even close to being figured out. i guess that the cult could have gotten really really lucky and it just worked, but i doubt it.

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: virtuamike
In other news, virtuamike has given birth to cloned TWINS. Beat that raeliens.

you gave birth? was turning into a female a difficult process? what did they take out of you to install a uterus? ;)

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
The leader of the Raeliens was on some news show last night, what a whackjob. His outfit was great, LMAO.

Just saw this on their site:

To be sensual, is to let the environment you are in give you pleasure.
The discovery of self, an important step on the road to the awakening of the mind.

The awakening of the body goes hand in hand with the awakening of the spirit. By neglecting one's body, the mind is also being put to sleep.

Sexual education is very important, but it only teaches the technical functionning of the organs and their use.
Sensual education allows us to learn to take pleasure with our organs, by seeking only pleasure, without necessarily using the functions they were designed for...

This guy is a sex addict, and managed to form a cult to help him out, LOL. :p

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

Whoa... they're a sex cult? Hmmm... wonder how much to join up. :p

So I was looking through their website, and I think in fact that they are a sex cult, though not in so many words. There's a lot of mention of pleasure and sensuality, and they talk about meditation and, er, "seminars"... So picture their world as Star Trek, except that sex is much more than just a dirty little secret tucked away on Raisa during shore leave.

Compared to Scientology, these guys are harmless.

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

Raisa

it's spelled Risa, and sex in Trek is a pretty large part of the show. didn't you ever notice Kirk smooching up averything in a skirt?

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
The leader of the Raeliens was on some news show last night, what a whackjob. His outfit was great, LMAO

He was supposed to be interviewed on TechTV lastnight. Not sure if he was though.