Info Radeon VII owners/buyers thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I had one in my cart, but then Newegg jacked up my price and then told me the item was removed from the cart due to not being available.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I am in the US, and I see no purchasing link.

All it says is "Learn More".

Got it! I had to roll over the Graphics tab at the top. Then the purchase link appeared. My order for a reference card is in.

Last edited:
Reactions: n0x1ous

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
they all have ATI references on the back. Fury X, 290x, Vega 64...even in the driver stack....nothing new here and no branding changes will be made.

Reactions: Thrashard

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
The ATI sticker thing is probably just residual from the legalities of their acquisition, I wouldn't read into it.

Feld

Aug 6, 2015
I really hope to see an AIO liquid cooled version in the near future. I'd have gotten a card today if that was an available option, the way it was with Vega 64.

Reactions: n0x1ous

Thrashard

Oct 6, 2016
I just purchased the Division 2 Ultimate Edition, looks like you can only get the Capitol Defender Pack if you pre-order now, plus get access to the Private Beta.

That stinks not many people who get the VII now will get access to the Private Beta by February 11th. Also wondering how that works for your upgrade choices and probably getting the standard version.

I'm wondering if you get early access for buying the card. Anthem is giving me an early option to play on the 13th or 14th.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
AMD.com is sold out. It's eBay or bust now, sorry. Hope you all got yours. $1k on eBay is way too much to pay for one of these, unless you're one of those people who wants it for compute.

Can't wait to undervolt mine and see what it can do!

Anyone got word on utilities that support it, or will support it? I'm assuming all the OC apps will have to be redone to support Radeon VII. Also, anyone seen any reg hacks for it ala Vega56?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Glad a few of you who actually wanted one were able to grab them, at a premium but been there, done that.

Now, who wants to give up their Vega FE on the cheap? ;)

Reactions: Thrashard

Thrashard

Oct 6, 2016
AMD.com is sold out. It's eBay or bust now, sorry. Hope you all got yours. $1k on eBay is way too much to pay for one of these, unless you're one of those people who wants it for compute.

Can't wait to undervolt mine and see what it can do!

Anyone got word on utilities that support it, or will support it? I'm assuming all the OC apps will have to be redone to support Radeon VII. Also, anyone seen any reg hacks for it ala Vega56?

Oh man, I saw those prices on eBay last night. I saw this coming and glad I took the leap of faith on my decisions the other week and saw this coming.

I dunno, I think prices are not going to get any better going forward and when PCIE 4 comes out.

>

3 people already paid between $950 to $1,100 for the VII :eek:

Last edited:

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Now, who wants to give up their Vega FE on the cheap? ;)

I could possibly be persuaded. Mine doesn't undervolt that well, but it runs +50% power like a champ while doing it.

Is the 2080 really that much slower than the 2080Ti in Adobe Premiere?

If that's the review I think you mean, then I think the testing may have produced erroneous results for the 2080.

As messed-up as that is, I'm not surprised given how much people were paying for RX Vega during the mining craze. I don't think mining is driving demand for these cards, though.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
As messed-up as that is, I'm not surprised given how much people were paying for RX Vega during the mining craze. I don't think mining is driving demand for these cards, though.

Researchers hurtin for some cheap DP flops?

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Researchers hurtin for some cheap DP flops?

Pretty much. Though if you look at some of the TensorFlow benches of Vega64 vs. V100, I would think anyone interested in TensorFlow might love Radeon VII as well.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I already made $750 from selling 3 of these cards, one more to go and I can buy a 2080ti or do a system rebuild.
I knew AMD fanatics would pay top dollar to own these overpriced cards.
Thanks AMD.

Inflamitory post. You should know better.
Markfw
Anandtech Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ItsAlive