Radeon users, what's wrong in Win2K?

SeanTek

Nov 8, 1999
www.seantek.com
I'm deciding between the G400 MAX, the Radeon, and the V3 3500-TV or V5 5500 for my Asus CUSL2 motherboard and Mitsubishi 2040u monitor. Since I want to run at a relatively high resolution (1600x1200, sometimes pushing higher), I want good image quality, and I do not think that the GeForce 2 will cut it. However, I will be using Windows 2000 extensively. I have heard rumors that the current ATi drivers for Windows 2000 are rather unstable. Please post your comments on this issue (both good and bad), since it is important that I get stability under Windows 2000. In addition, please post any comments you have on the DVD playback of the Radeon, since that is important to me too (although I have enough power at 933MHz to handle software decoding). 3D would be nice, but I will admit that I play a lot more 2D-based games (i.e., not Direct3D) than 3D-based games (which is why the G400 MAX is on my list).

radeonUltra

Aug 2, 2000
Windows 2000 is fine on Radeon, only that certain 3D games don't work well, but actually if you download the latest Radeon W2K drivers it makes things much more stable and even 30% performance increase in Q3A.

DVD you know is the best you can get, adaptive de-interlancing really works!

If you don't depend on W2K for playing so much 3D games than Radeon should be fine.