Question Radeon rx 580 8GB vibrating issue

noscop3

Oct 3, 2019
No,it's not the usual vibrating that you can only hear,not this time.My desk LITERALLY vibrates when it gets past 70-75 degrees.I know this is not normal,and i've had this GPU for almost an year now but I haven't given too much attention to this because I've been using lower settings so it doesn't vibrate.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Is this a card with reference (AMD) cooling or an aftermarket cooler? If you're sure it's the GPU fan causing the issue, take the card out and inspect/clean it out. You may have a bad bearing or there could just be an imbalance caused by dust or something else, like a bug or something--like an actual one.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Sounds like you have a balancing issue on one, or multiple fans.

I would start by cleaning the fans and heat sink. Not just of the GPU, but case/CPU fans as well. As the GPU gets hot, more heat dumps into the case so then other fans may spin faster too.

noscop3

Oct 3, 2019
Is this a card with reference (AMD) cooling or an aftermarket cooler? If you're sure it's the GPU fan causing the issue, take the card out and inspect/clean it out. You may have a bad bearing or there could just be an imbalance caused by dust or something else, like a bug or something--like an actual one.
All I know is that this has been happening since the first day I got this GPU

What exactly is your question?

Chances are you fans are bad, run out of lubricant and vibrate excessively. Replace them.
If I had too much money I wouldn't be here.I'm interested in a fix right now,not in changing my parts.

Guru

May 5, 2017
Yeah, we are not in a position to assess your issue here, without video and audio, but you should probably return the gpu if its still under warranty!

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
I bought several RX 580 Pulse Sapphire Miner cards recently and most had bad fans. The worst fans that still worked and stayed on would cause a vibration. I could really tell by placing my finger tips on the outer facing edge of the card Which in this case was where the Sapphire logo is and could easily feel it and you could hear it under load. But like Stuka87 said, one of the other fans in the system could be a problem.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I bought several RX 580 Pulse Sapphire Miner cards recently and most had bad fans. The worst fans that still worked and stayed on would cause a vibration. I could really tell by placing my finger tips on the outer facing edge of the card Which in this case was where the Sapphire logo is and could easily feel it and you could hear it under load. But like Stuka87 said, one of the other fans in the system could be a problem.
These cards were new? And they had bad fans? That's a bit unusual, I think, for Sapphire. Generally, they have better QC than that. Did you remember to remove the plastic wrap from the center of the fans?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
zero RPM?what exactly does that mean?
That refers to the ability of a modern video card built on a smaller process, still with a large heatpipe heatsink and fins, to run passively, without active fan cooling (yes, for the purists, I know that fan cooling is not technically "active cooling", from the physics point of view). Up to like 50-60C, then the fans come on.

noscop3

Oct 3, 2019
That refers to the ability of a modern video card built on a smaller process, still with a large heatpipe heatsink and fins, to run passively, without active fan cooling (yes, for the purists, I know that fan cooling is not technically "active cooling", from the physics point of view). Up to like 50-60C, then the fans come on.
oh yeah i knew about that and i have it too,i just didn't know it was called "zero rpm"

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
These cards were new? And they had bad fans? That's a bit unusual, I think, for Sapphire. Generally, they have better QC than that. Did you remember to remove the plastic wrap from the center of the fans?

Clarification, they were "Former" mining cards. Fans were pretty much shot, three fans out of ten fans "usable". Also an interesting thing I found was that even though the fans seemed to work ok, a worn fan could keep the RPM's of both fans to run at a higher RPM during use and also hang at a higher RPM for sometime before dropping.