Radeon 9700pro and Asus A7V8X

simonpike

Oct 24, 2002
help, I have the new radeon9700pro and the Asus A7V8X, when i plug in the card and power up i get the cpu overclock message, but no display. The BIOS ver is 1007, the old Video card works fine, and the radeon also works on my other system!!!!!! anyone got ant ideas???

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
When the Raedon 9700 Pro was orginally released, there was a compatablity problem with AGP 8x. If you can get into the BIOS and set the AGP Speed to 4x this will help I would guess. Alot of people solved this problem with a BIOS Update or VIA's 4 in 1 drivers. Have you tried this yet?

TMS

Oct 12, 1999
Also upping the AGP voltage might help.
Haven't had any problems with mine though.

simonpike

Oct 24, 2002
Thanks, will check out AGP 8x, but have loaded the latest Asus BIOS and 4in1 drivers, will continue the the fight!!!!!

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
hi,
try updating ure mobo bios, with a beta one if nessissary.
whats probably happened, if its not the AGP8x problem, is that the mobo has tryed to initialise the video card before the extra power can get to all of its components. with an updated bios, it`ll probably delay the video card initialisation a few seconds so that the power can get to all of the video cards components.

if that doesnt work, press the reset button a few seconds after youve booted. this will apply if there isnt a new Bios as well.
as far a i know, this only happens with cards that need an external power connector. (dunno bout voodoo 4&5 though so dont quote me!!!)

hope this helps

baclimon

Nov 5, 2002
I've have the same problem. I have the same mobo and video card. I set teh DRAM BURST to Auto and then it worked, but then I bought Age of Mythology and I had the SAME PROBLEM. So back to 0. If anybody has any ideas please reply