• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Radeon 6570 HDMI audio skips once every 5 or 10 minutes

evilspoons

Oct 17, 2005
Hi everyone,

I've had an HTPC for a while. It's an i3-2100 on an Asus P8H67-M LE, BIOS 1406, and an Asus Radeon HD 6570 video card. Video output is connected to a Pioneer VSX-1122 receiver over HDMI and then to a Samsung UN46C5000 TV. The Pioneer handles all the audio (TV speakers are disabled).

I've noticed that every five or ten minutes there is a tiny skip in the audio. I initially thought it was a XBMC problem (audio/video resync or something) but I noticed it's doing it while playing music on Rdio's desktop app and when playing Youtube videos in Chrome.

The operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I am using Catalyst 13.8, although the same problem may have happened with older versions too.

Could it be something as simple as Windows audio card settings or something as annoying as screwing with IRQ settings back in the days before Plug'n'Play?

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
I had/have this issue too. It's an issue with AMD drivers.
Try disabling Ultra Lower Power State (or whatever it's called) in the registry and see what happens.

It's been an issue since 2010 from my googling I did earlier today since it constantly irritates me that they won't fix this.

Might be different for you though since most people aren't getting it in Youtube. Do you get it while gaming? THat's the question because if you get it while gaming then it's definitely something else as Audio over HDMI DEFINITELY works over gaming and I don't get skips. If that works, well we gotta look somewhere else to help you =D

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS