i plan on using it in win 2k and se

amd 1.2 ghz
256 crucial cas pc133
abit kt7a is system
thanks

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
If you do a quick search you'll find many threads that will give you the info you're looking for.

Compellor

Oct 1, 2000
Well, if they're similar in price go for the Radeon. It's got 64 MB of memory as opposed the GeForce 2 GTS, which only has 32 MB. The drivers for the Radeon in Win2K aren't the greatest, so, you'll have to take that into account.

Yoshi

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
Curiosity recently got the best of me and I replaced my GeForce DDR with a 64Mb Radeon. I have seen what the GTS is capable of and would rather have the Radeon. Radeon is fast, looks great, and is priced right.

BTW, I run Win2k and am using the latest ATI beta drivers. No problems so far playing D3D or OpenGL games or with the TV out. Actually the ATI drivers seem to be just as stable as the Detenator drivers were for my GeForce.

dolemitetx

Feb 21, 2001
Yoshi,
I am doing the same exact thing -- I signed up for the ATI trade up. While waiting for my card to arrive, I've fallen prey to a little buyer's remorse. Do you get significantly better frame rates compared to the 32MB DDR GeForce? Is the highly touted Radeon 2D superiority a myth? Just want to know ahead of time if I'm due for a disappointment. Thanks.

:confused:

Dizway

Oct 24, 2000
I just replaced a Geforce 2 GTS with a Radeon 64MB. I play Q3 and I am liking the Radeon much more. My FPS is the same and the quality is more solid, vivid and clearer. I run a 17 sony monitor at 1024x768@32@85hz. I can tell u that I notice a difference between the GTS and Radeon. I had to adjust brightness and contrast on the GTS to make my trinitron crisper. The Radeon looks great without tweaking. I sold my GTS already and the Radeon is well worth the price that it has dropped to.

Packet

Apr 24, 2000
From what I hear

Geforce is faster in 16bit
Radeon is faster in 32bit

Redeon has better image quality in general
Geforce has very good driver support (through leaked and offical)

wizz0bang

Sep 28, 2000
The Radeon has SUPERB 2D image quality... I can run 1600x1200 with small fonts and clearly read each and every character on Excel spread sheets (10pt fonts). WOWW!!!!?!!?! It blows my old VooDoo3 away on the same 19" monitor. THe VooDoo3 toasted my former Riva128 (DIamond Viper)... I haven't seen a Geforce on my monitor, so I can't do a fair comparision, but no other PC card has looked as good to me at high reslotions (and I've seen many, including several Geforces on other monitors). It is as good as the Sun work stations I used at the university lab while doing programming assignments (which output to 21" workstation-class Cad/Cam monitors). It's nice to be able to see REALLY fine details. I run alot of astronomy software at high res, so it definitely helps.

I have the AllInWonder model and can't get the video capture/TV tuner to work in Win98 :( It works fine in 2000 though... go figure. DVD playback is wonderful... and the TV output is the best I've seen on a gaming level card.

Brad