Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 (HUGE STABILITY UPDATE - RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I can't install these on my 13.3 ematic laptop from walmart with a4-9120e APU, even though they are recommended by Amd's web-site driver recommendation.

I get a "Code 182: Not detected or supported", on both the full installer and the webinstaller for Win10 64-bit. Currently running 1909.

I have seen this with OEM GPU's, both nVidia and AMD. They show up as different product ID's, even if they are basically the same. I have had a few Dell's where I HAD to use the driver that Dell provided. It was annoying.

Although it sounds like you may have AMD provided drivers now. So maybe they missed some models?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I can't install these on my 13.3 ematic laptop from walmart with a4-9120e APU, even though they are recommended by Amd's web-site driver recommendation.

I get a "Code 182: Not detected or supported", on both the full installer and the webinstaller for Win10 64-bit. Currently running 1909.
@VirtualLarry have you tried manually installing the driver? I had to do that on my sons Asus laptop to get the latest Intel gpu driver because Asus stopped supporting the laptop. It basically gave me the same error you are experiencing.
Here are the steps I used to update his laptop the the latest(at the time)driver. This worked for his Intel apu so I'm not sure if AMD is the same but it might be worth a shot.

First of all, you need download the latest drivers file in zip form and unpack them.

1. Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.

2. Find the device that your are trying to install a driver

3. Right click the device and select properties.

4. Select Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.

5. Choose Browse my computer for driver software.

6. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer then click "Have Disk"

7. Browse for the .inf driver file. Open and Next.

8. The driver will be installed.

Egonic

Mar 8, 2020
Just wanted to mention that after much headache the issue ended up being the BIOS from Sapphire. So it appears as my RX 5600 XT is stable now.

Apparently my BIOS was outdated even after flashing it when I received the card, not clear on how that is possible, nor do I fully understand the difference between the BIOS Date in the Radeon Software GUI and the listed date on Sapphire's website, they are different by a month. So either it was my fault, the BIOS update silently failed, or Sapphire has updated the BIOS since I downloaded it and the date is wrong on their website.

Wasn't AMD's fault at the very least!

Reactions: Stuka87