Nov 10, 2007

Article Number RN-RAD-WIN-19-10-1
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Highlights
Support For

• AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 desktop graphics products
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 5500M mobile graphics products
  • GRID™
Fixed Issues
  • Borderlands™3 may experience an application crash or hang when running DirectX®12 API.
  • Borderlands™3 may experience lighting corruption when running DirectX®12 API.
  • Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
  • Radeon FreeSync™2 capable displays may fail to enable HDR when HDR is enabled via Windows® OS on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
  • Some displays may intermittently flash black when Radeon FreeSync is enabled and the system is at idle or on desktop.
Known Issues
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.
  • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
  • Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
  • HDMI® overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
  • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 installation package contains the following:
  • Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Driver Version 19.30.25.10 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13025.10004)

Reactions: Krteq

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Had some issues with this release and Skype. But some of that could have been Skype somehow getting a bit "constipated" with it's update. Rather than actually update, it would let me start the program (Desktop version), and Connect, but then the screen would stay black, and the other side couldn't see me either. I tried deleting my Logitech webcam out of Device Manager, and rebooting, but that didn't fix it. I un-installed 19.10.1, then rebooted, then Skype updated, so I said, "what the heck, let's try it again", and installed 19.10.1 again, I think. No, I was having some "trails" showing up on my monitor (new RX 5700 reference, installed today), so I did install 19.9.2 overtop, and that's what I'm running now. I'll have to try 19.10.1 again. But it was also giving me HDMI bandwidth issues with my RX 5700, I have a 4K UHD desktop (4K60, running at YbCr 4:4:4). Well, 19.10.1 wouldn't run 4:4:4, unless I chose RGB, for some reason. I don't understand the issue, my RX 580 and RX 570 before it had no such issues.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
You should use DP if at all possible with your monitor, and something other than Skype. I have always found it intrusive and annoying, so I stopped using it...

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I am anticipating another graphics package with the release of GRID--also DX12 capable title.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
You should use DP if at all possible with your monitor, and something other than Skype. I have always found it intrusive and annoying, so I stopped using it...
I disagree with both of those assessments. DP support in Windows is sometimes half-baked, whereas, HDMI seems to be more of a "full citizen", as far as display outputs go. (For example, my icons and windows don't re-arrange, just because the monitor goes to sleep, like they would with DP.)

Also, I have no issues with Skype, particularly, other than it can get funny trying to use it while it's trying to do an update. Usually requires a few reboots to clear that up. Generally runs alright, for me, though.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm fair enough, it has certainly been a while since I used skype. I mainly use TS3 or discord now, or in game voice comms. As for the monitor issue, my understanding is that DP generally has more bandwidth than HDMI, (though this depends on the versions) so I would recommend it for high end monitors usually. I also seem to recall only DP supports freesync and Gsync, though this may have changed.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, DP 1.4 may have more bandwidth than HDMI 2.0(b?), but I am using some 40" 4k UHD TVs, that have four HDMI2.0 inputs, and NO DisplayPort.

Also, FreeSync 2 monitors can work their VRR over HDMI. This TV has neither (FreeSync nor DP).

I also don't use Skype for "Game Comms", just personal chat. I can see how Skype might have some limitations for "Game Comms".

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Ah ok, I didn't catch that you were using TVs and not desktop monitors. I know most TVs don't have DP.

I use discord and TS3 mostly for personal chat, though skype would work fine too. I also use them for gaming, but when I said "in game voice comms" I meant the built in VOIP feature built into various games for team-play communication etc.

I also used to chat on skype too, but now I use mostly discord, TS3, and steam(mainly text chat.)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
OK, these drivers have a bug.

In Radeon Settings, under the Display tab, on my 4K UHD 40" Avera TV, with "HDMI: Enhanced" set for the current input (allows for 4:4:4 Chroma sub-sampling), it defaults to YCbCr 4:4:4. But if I click "GPU scaling", it gets forced to 4:2:0. That didn't used to happen, and seems like a bug. Why would GPU scaling, necessarily downgrade my video output quality? It's the same monitor/TV in both cases.

I don't remember that happening with prior versions of the drivers. (I almost always set "GPU Scaling" to ON, it seems to clear up some HDMI output issues in general, with my RX 570 cards, occasional bursts of static on the 4K UHD screen.)

Edit: Also, there doesn't appear to be a "Graphics"/"Compute" mode-switch in Global Graphics under Gaming, for my RX 5700. Is there no distinction anymore between Graphics and Compute applications? (Yes, I know that OpenCL doesn't work yet with this card, I hope that they fix that.)

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hey, not all GPUs have the compute toggle option. For instance, my Fury's and my RX 580 do, but my Vega 64 and my 290s never have. It depends on the card architecture I think. This is with various drivers.

For the 5700, you should be able to get 50MH/s or more on eth, but you will need a very recent version of claymore or pheonixminer. Not sure about the other coins. Where did you hear that OpenCL does not work?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I am getting nearly 50Mh/s on newest Claymore miner. Which uses low-level ASM code, not OpenCL, because it's broken on RX 5700. Other miners that use OpenCL are broken, Folding@Home is broken, Einstein@Home is broken, basically, all kinds of compute apps that work fine using OpenCL on Nvidia and Polaris cards, are all BROKEN on RX 5700.

Edit: @ 115W, after tweaking the clock speed down to 1350Mhz, and upping the RAM clock to 900Mhz.

Last edited:

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Ah ok I gotcha. Well 50 MH/s is pretty good, and it could get better with more miner updates. That is what a 1080Ti does with ETH enlargement pill, but at less power I believe.