Nov 10, 2007
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-5-2

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-19-5-2

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 Highlights
Support For
  • Total War™: Three Kingdoms
Fixed Issues
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker when multiple displays are connected on desktop or while applications are running.
  • Radeon WattMan may list the incorrect max temperature for some graphics products.
  • GPU Utilization in Radeon Performance Metrics Overlay may sometimes show on unsupported products.
  • HDR Video may freeze or have corruption during playback when using Movies and TV Application with some Ryzen APUs.
Known Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • World War Z™ may experience an application hang after extended periods of play.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 installation package contains the following:
  • Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 Driver Version 19.10.15.05 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.11015.5008)

Reactions: lightmanek

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This has the SAME BUG that 19.5.1 introduced, for me.

I have a Ryzen R5 1600 CPU, Gigabyte AORUS PRO WIFI B450 ATX mobo, 4x8GB Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 @ 3000 (XMP), CPU not overclocked, with 2x MSI RX 570 8GB (a Gaming X and an Armor MK2). Running newest Win10 1903 (just installed last night, though it was doing it with 1809 and prior 19.5.1 drivers).

I mine with NiceHash, on both GPUs, in the background. Normally, this isn't a problem, and 19.4.1 and 19.4.3 it isn't.

But with 19.5.1 and 19.5.2, if my monitor (Avera 40" 4K UHD TV) goes into sleep, and turns itself basically off, I just move the mouse or press SHIFT on the keyboard to wake it. Normally, it wakes up, after displaying the "Avera logo" on the screen, and I get to my desktop.

Now, I just get complete flashing static screens, sometimes with green edges. I see on my monitor OSD, weird resolutions, like 960 x 2160, instead of 3840x2160.

Something is VERY SCREWED UP with HDMI syncing and monitor wake in these new drivers. YES, I always make sure that I have "HDMI assurance" enabled under the Display setting in Radeon Control Center, and I also generally have "GPU Scaling" "Enabled". Sometimes I dabble with VSR, and run a 5120x2880 screen (works for me), but recently I have not.

So, basically, back to 19.4.3 drivers for me, they're the last ones that are reliable for me.

Edit: Oh, normally, to recover, I have to press RESET on my PC, which isn't a good thing. But today I tried something different, I changed my HDMI port setting on my monitor from "Enhanced" (HDMI2.0 bandwidth) back down to "Standard" (HDMI1.4 bandwidth). After a few flashing black screens, I got my desktop back.

So, possibly, my cable isn't up to "snuff", but honestly, it's been working fine thus far with "Enhanced" (Necessary to get 4:4:4 Chroma sub-sampling for PC usage @ 3840x2160 res) with the slightly older drivers.