Racists in Burlington Mall MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo_MA

Banned
Mar 22, 2016
I was at the Burlington Mall last Saturday. It was noisy and crowded as usual.
I saw two Muslim women in abaya and they were pushing a baby stroller in front of the Apple store. The people, normal people, were just trying to keep a distance from these two women and walk around them. The people were also surprisingly quiet and trying to avoid direct eye contact with the women in abaya, like there were bombs in the stroller or something.

I could not believe my eyes. So many of us are racist subconsciously. It is really a shame to be a Massachusetts resident.

If you want to troll, please do it elsewhere.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I don't think that's racism but rather extreme stupidity or ignorance. When you have a whole political party right wing media pushing the hate and fear narrative, it's easy for people to get wrapped up in propaganda. I saw a similar use of propaganda during the Bush admin (where I believe the technique was perfected), hell even Ronald Reagan was peddling propaganda for a while.

The question is: what do we do about it? Me personally? I think people should be shamed but that only works if it's done on a collective level. We may be past that at this point.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
I was at the Burlington Mall last Saturday. It was noisy and crowded as usual.
I saw two Muslim women in abaya and they were pushing a baby stroller in front of the Apple store. The people, normal people, were just trying to keep a distance from these two women and walk around them. The people were also surprisingly quiet and trying to avoid direct eye contact with the women in abaya, like there were bombs in the stroller or something.

I could not believe my eyes. So many of us are racist subconsciously. It is really a shame to be a Massachusetts resident.

Sounds more like people that are socially inept, than people that are racist.

I never knew a single african american, until I went to college. There were simply none that lived in my neighborhood, or went to my school. I didn't converse with an AA, until I got to college, and needless to say, it was an awkward experience. The fact I was an introvert just made the situation worse.

By the time I graduated, I was friends with three exchange students from Ukraine, Africa, and India.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
This is religious bigotry (and a rather poor example of it)...not racism. If you're going to play SJW, you need to get the basic terminology down first before displaying your outrage. Otherwise, you appear to be what you are...and we can't have that now can we?

Ricardo_MA

Banned
Mar 22, 2016
I should have walked up to them and tried to make them feel comfortable. It must not be a bomb, right?

Then I would have asked them whether they were citizen. If so, I would have asked them to vote for Hillary in November.

Feb 16, 2005
OP is a troll,
here's a sample of another post from this Mensa candidate
So, since almost all terrorists are Muslim but NOT all Muslim are terrorists, should we welcome the non-terrorist Muslim with open arms or keep all Muslim out of your house using a screen door?

derp

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
9 whopping posts, you're doing good OP. Most are drawn to this site for computer hardware, but I can see why some would sign up for the P&N board too.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015

Wait 'til you read about the Native Americans. They're treated like shit over in the US of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.