Racism runs pretty deep in the TRUMP administration....this concerns the proposed citizenship question

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The only reason for this question to be added to the census is so that those who would be stupid enough to honestly answer this question can be hunted down and deported...
Whats interesting I would bet this all leads back to TRUMP

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-c...er-census-citizenship-question-231211380.html

This a good read!
But I particularly thought this was good --
Ross, who fell out of favor with Trump long ago, did little to try to explain why the citizenship question was necessary. That only managed to infuriate Democrats. None was more open in his anger than Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., who let loose with a diatribe. “You lied to Congress,” he fumed, voice rising, “you misled the American people and you are complicit in the Trump administration’s intent to suppress the growing political power of the nonwhite population. You have zero credibility and you should, in my opinion, resign.”

Ross did not know what to do with this. “Is there a question in there, sir?” he asked. He then asked for a break.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Has it been explained why Ross, lying to congress, hasn't resulted in any charges or negative consequences?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ross in the hearing refused to answer questions citing confidentiality. Its a privilege he doesn't have.

Will there be consequences?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So a poll. designed to get a snapshot of the people living in our country, is racist because we want to know how many are living here illegally?

Reactions: UglyCasanova

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So a poll. designed to get a snapshot of the people living in our country, is racist because we want to know how many are living here illegally?
It is NOT a poll! If it was just a harmless poll that would be fine! But you can bet that those who are not living in the US legally will be hunted like animals and then deported. Regardless of if they are hard working people doing jobs that americans are too lazy to do!!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It is NOT a poll! If it was just a harmless poll that would be fine! But you can bet that those who are not living in the US legally will be hunted like animals and then deported. Regardless of if they are hard working people doing jobs that americans are too lazy to do!!

Man thats a heavy tin foil hate you have! LOL Thats as good as the right fringe that claim Obama is Muslim and he'll take away our guns.

And, per the Census website,

A survey is a method of collecting and analyzing social, economic, and geographic data. It provides information about the conditions of the United States, states, and counties.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You should probably read up on the point of the census. You can start with the constitution. See if you can find the part about only counting citizens or that representatives should only represent citizens.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You should probably read up on the point of the census. You can start with the constitution. See if you can find the part about only counting citizens or that representatives should only represent citizens.

How about from the Census website?

Our Mission
The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the nation’s leading provider of quality data about its people and economy.

Our Authority
The Census Bureau operates under Title 13 and Title 26 of the U.S. Code.

Our Goal
Our goal is to provide the best mix of timeliness, relevancy, quality and cost for the data we collect and services we provide.

It says people. It does not distinguish between those here legally or not.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Our Mission
The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the nation’s leading provider of quality data about its people and economy.

Our Authority
The Census Bureau operates under Title 13 and Title 26 of the U.S. Code.

Our Goal
Our goal is to provide the best mix of timeliness, relevancy, quality and cost for the data we collect and services we provide.

You have no fucking clue how fucking stupid you are, do you?

I'll stick with what the constitution says and not what people who where appointed by an administration that routinely violates the constitution, prefer it to say

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

I'll stick with what the constitution says and not what people who where appointed by an administration that routinely violates the constitution, prefer it to say

You mean like Article 1, section 2 for example? Or how about section 2 of the 14th amendment? Or how about title 13? You mean like that?

Who's the one without a fucking clue?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

There is judicial precedence that interprets questions beyond mere demographic headcount as appropriate if deemed statistically relevant for other powers enumerated in the Constitution. The number of illegal immigrants in the country is statistically relevant.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There is judicial precedence that interprets questions beyond mere demographic headcount as appropriate if deemed statistically relevant for other powers enumerated in the Constitution. The number of illegal immigrants in the country is statistically relevant.

Then why let the Police State muddy the Data collection?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

So what's your point? Seems to me that you're taking the stance that since the Census dept's mission statement doesn't make any distinction in citizenship status whatsoever, only wants to count people, the proposed citizenship status question is irrelevant and shouldn't be there, correct?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So what's your point? Seems to me that you're taking the stance that since the Census dept's mission statement doesn't make any distinction in citizenship status whatsoever, only wants to count people, the proposed citizenship status question is irrelevant and shouldn't be there, correct?

Man youre slow. No. My point is they have every right given to them under the constitution to ask their immigration status. And should. Or are illegal immigrants not people?

Reactions: JockoJohnson

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Then why let the Police State muddy the Data collection?
I don’t see how this muddies data collection. I’ve actually been making note of just how much information I need to volunteer just to access basic government services. From a federal budgeting and services standpoint, it is a relevant question.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Man youre slow. No. My point is they have every right given to them under the constitution to ask their immigration status. And should. Or are illegal immigrants not people?

So dishonest. What the immigration question proposed by the Trump admin is designed to accomplish is to reduce census participation by undocumented immigrants. Period. That in turn denies the places where they live the apportioned representation the Constitution specifically creates. It also understates the burden placed on state & local govts in terms of resource allocation wrt all kinds of federal funding. Law enforcement. Education. Emergency rooms. Housing. Infrastructure.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So dishonest. What the immigration question proposed by the Trump admin is designed to accomplish is to reduce census participation by undocumented immigrants. Period. That in turn denies the places where they live the apportioned representation the Constitution specifically creates. It also understates the burden placed on state & local govts in terms of resource allocation wrt all kinds of federal funding. Law enforcement. Education. Emergency rooms. Housing. Infrastructure.
Very well said!!!!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You mean like Article 1, section 2 for example? Or how about section 2 of the 14th amendment? Or how about title 13? You mean like that?

Who's the one without a fucking clue?

You apparently.

Article 1, Section 2 of the United States Constitution:
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.
No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.
When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.
The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Hmm..... Nothing about illegals or citizens only in this passage!

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Hmm... That's weird, nothing here either. In fact it goes on to talk about citizens specifically with regards to and only in regards to voting. Wow, strike two for the moron who can't read!

I'd quote title 13 but its pointless as a) its not part of the constitution b) the word "citizen" occurs only twice and has nothing to do with how people are counted.

That's strike three, moron.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You apparently.

Hmm..... Nothing about illegals or citizens only in this passage!

Hmm... That's weird, nothing here either. In fact it goes on to talk about citizens specifically with regards to and only in regards to voting. Wow, strike two for the moron who can't read!

I'd quote title 13 but its pointless as a) its not part of the constitution b) the word "citizen" occurs only twice and has nothing to do with how people are counted.

That's strike three, moron.
Thanks for making my point! It says people. All people. Illegal aliens too. You don't know unless you ask.

Thanks for agreeing with me!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Supporting links?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Thanks for making my point! It says people. All people. Illegal aliens too. You don't know unless you ask.

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Wow! Are you seriously doubling down?

Citing Census Bureau research, the groups suing argue that asking about citizenship status will depress census participationamong households with noncitizens. That could lead to an undercount of immigrants and communities of color, which would have major implications for the way political power and federal funding are shared over the next decade

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/15/6926...-if-2020-census-includes-citizenship-question

Now that you know the census bureau itself conducted its own study and found that asking such a question depressed consensus results AND the fact that you agree that ALL people shall be counted, I fully expect you to now he against adding such a question.

Lol! Who are we kidding, you aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong, you won't change one bit.

Thanks again for proving me right!!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Wow! Are you seriously doubling down?

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/15/6926...-if-2020-census-includes-citizenship-question

Now that you know the census bureau itself conducted its own study and found that asking such a question depressed consensus results AND the fact that you agree that ALL people shall be counted, I fully expect you to now he against adding such a question.

Lol! Who are we kidding, you aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong, you won't change one bit.

Thanks again for proving me right!!
I'm not admitting I'm wrong, I'm admitting I disagree with your opinion. Nothing else