Racism in Europe spreads - sports fans chant "Gas a Jew, Jew, Jew, stick him in the oven" & call blacks "Apes"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: freegeeks
these soccer fans are also the hooligans. Extreme right AND left wing fractions are unfortunately part of the European soccer scene (especially in Italy, Holland and the UK). You have the same in Brazil and Argentina so it's not only an European problem.

The racism in Europe issue has been beaten to death. It's a serious problem and I hope that the retards who vote for the extreme right parties just grow a brain and realize that voting for these parties is not productive at all.

We have elections in a few weeks an it doesn't look very promising. The extreme right Vlaams Blok is again gaining a few % according to the polls :(

People who just wanna fight tend to go with just about any reason to do so.
Here in Sweden we have a semi-militant "anti racism/fascism" movement, which is in reality more of a "I wanna beat people up, and by doing it in the name of anti fascism, I can do it and look like a good man at the same time" organization.

Whenever the neo-Nazis manage to amass a few hundred people, you can bet this organization will be there too, always leads to trouble, and anyone with half a brain can see they're just the exact same type of morons standing on different sides of the fence.
I just wish the police wouldn't be so limited in what they're allowed to do to suppress these riots, bring on the MP5's and proper bullets I say.

Same thing with those so called "football fans", just another moronic excuse for mindless violence, all in the name of whatever football team they "love".

Oh and OS, come to Sweden and I'll buy you a beer :beer: ;)

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: CanOWorms

What about the Danish People's Party? I believe they're openly racist & the third largest party.

They don't call themself racists (doesn't sound good said in public :roll;) more like culturalists. They believe if you don't act 100% like a "true dane", then you should be sent back to your own country. And they've had succes because danes generally acts as donkeys. If you pull them one direction they will go the opposite :p Many have felt that the political elite has talked lots of good thing about internationalism, and ignored the problems having people with foreign culture moving to Denmark. And there's some truth to it, but the problem (I think) lies in that we have a VERY ordered public social system, and it works as a system. It's really bad at integrating people and the only place that you actually can meet the danes are at work or at educational places, which you cannot get since you're bad at danish and in many cases has a low education.

I think it's pretty difficult to navigate the system and learn how to be a real dane. It is also very different for us to see women in scarves only reveiling their faces, we are generally far more liberate and see this as a setback for sexual equallity in society. And because of this (and other differences) "we" think that they don't like our culture and starts wondering why they are here anyways.

Actually this is one of the reasons why I joined a political party (Not the Danish Peoples Party :D)

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: biostud666

What about the Danish People's Party? I believe they're openly racist & the third largest party.

They don't call themself racists (doesn't sound good said in public :roll;) more like culturalists. They believe if you don't act 100% like a "true dane", then you should be sent back to your own country. And they've had succes because danes generally acts as donkeys. If you pull them one direction they will go the opposite :p Many have felt that the political elite has talked lots of good thing about internationalism, and ignored the problems having people with foreign culture moving to Denmark. And there's some truth to it, but the problem (I think) lies in that we have a VERY ordered public social system, and it works as a system. It's really bad at integrating people and the only place that you actually can meet the danes are at work or at educational places, which you cannot get since you're bad at danish and in many cases has a low education.

I think it's pretty difficult to navigate the system and learn how to be a real dane. It is also very different for us to see women in scarves only reveiling their faces, we are generally far more liberate and see this as a setback for sexual equallity in society. And because of this (and other differences) "we" think that they don't like our culture and starts wondering why they are here anyways.

Actually this is one of the reasons why I joined a political party (Not the Danish Peoples Party :D)

People from Denmark on other forums are discussing potential legislation against "culture-imposed headwear" being brought up, but it excludes Judeo-Christian headwear. I don't think enacting legislation against a specific minority brings equality.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: biostud666

People from Denmark on other forums are discussing potential legislation against "culture-imposed headwear" being brought up, but it excludes Judeo-Christian headwear. I don't think enacting legislation against a specific minority brings equality.

Actually it was brought up after France introduced it, but it's out of publicity again. BTW what is Judeo-Christian headwear? The only thing worn other muslim scarves is baseball caps.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: biostud666Actually it was brought up after France introduced it, but it's out of publicity again. BTW what is Judeo-Christian headwear? The only thing worn other muslim scarves is baseball caps.

I'd guess things like yarmulkes? To me, it just seems like another move to make people of many minority groups feel less welcome and alienate them further.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: biostud666Actually it was brought up after France introduced it, but it's out of publicity again. BTW what is Judeo-Christian headwear? The only thing worn other muslim scarves is baseball caps.

I'd guess things like yarmulkes? To me, it just seems like another move to make people of many minority groups feel less welcome and alienate them further.

I agree totally, but a large part of danes do tend to think that we're the greatest culture in the world (actually we're perfect) and if they won't see it voluntarily we'll force it down their throat. :p