R.U.S.E. Beta on Steam is now live

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
UPDATE: Beta is now live

Playable on March 9th.

The game looks interesting, and this will probably be the only time I play the game since it is a Ubisoft game, till they take out that DRM or make an offline mode.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Played against the AI and once online. I don't care for it.

It is much more simplified then I thought from videos.

The AI of your own units is terrible, they won't fire at an "unidentified" enemy target while that target is blasting away at them from far away and they are still in range of your units weapons, I had to keep manually telling them to attack shit otherwise they would get lit up, then be like oh shit we are on fire lets run away now.

It really has no drawn for wanting to play it either, when I was done I was like ehh thats it and had no desire to pick it up again or even think about it.

Guess this is all for the better anyways since it has the Ubisoft DRM

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

The AI of your own units is terrible, they won't fire at an "unidentified" enemy target while that target is blasting away at them from far away and they are still in range of your units weapons, I had to keep manually telling them to attack shit otherwise they would get lit up, then be like oh shit we are on fire lets run away now.

It really has no drawn for wanting to play it either, when I was done I was like ehh thats it and had no desire to pick it up again or even think about it.

Well you know the real reason the game wont sell is because of pirates!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Well you know the real reason the game wont sell is because of pirates!

well duh, ubi will be like but the game did well on the consoles so it would have done well on the PC if it wasn't for those scalawags!

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
I can't play with sound because there's some bug with Creative sound cards. I gave it a quick go over lacking that and can't say the game really grabbed my attention.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, its a beta. Given how much stock they put in AI I'm sure the issue will be resolved by release.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Ye thats basically what i thought. Its got nothing on company of heros.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I find this game pretty fun. The "ruses" are a nice strategic change. I like that units and buildings are created nearly instantly if you have the money. I also like that units follow the roads. Overall, I can't complain about the game so far.