R. Lee Ermey's WEB SITE

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
You mean BUDS or BUD/S?

I personally prefer the other sites...thefew.com and military.com. R. Lee Ermey is so classic for that role, though. The DI scenes are so ridiculously accurate, and that's counting the fact that it was filmed several decades ago. I didn't think trash can antics were that prevalent in the "Old Corps."

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
AF calls them BDUs. Marines call them cammies. BUD/S is basic underwater demolition/SEAL which SEALS and some Marines go through.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: DJFuji
You mean BUDS or BUD/S?

I personally prefer the other sites...thefew.com and military.com. R. Lee Ermey is so classic for that role, though. The DI scenes are so ridiculously accurate, and that's counting the fact that it was filmed several decades ago. I didn't think trash can antics were that prevalent in the "Old Corps."

Well my D.I. never beat on the bottom of one, he would just throw it down the middle of the squad bay... (circa 1971)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
You mean BUDS or BUD/S?

Well my D.I. never beat on the bottom of one, he would just throw it down the middle of the squad bay... (circa 1971)

Ours never did anything with the trash cans... we learned quickly to be up the second we heard the PA click for Reveille, because we didn't want to be the guy that got a personal wakeup yelling. He did throw a boot or two around (one of them actually made a hole in the drywall).

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
You mean BUDS or BUD/S?

yeah ours were really into throwing trashcans down the squad bay too. It's funny how things haven't changed much throughout the years.

ASK THE COMMUNITY