R.I.P. - my dog.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
One of my two dogs died early Friday morning. I quite literally brought him and his littermates into the world (I was a vet tech assisting with a spay that turned into a doggie c-section). My then-girlfriend (now wife) and I brought him home and took turns getting up every couple hours to mix formula for him. That was almost 15 years ago. He took his last breath in my arms around 1am on Dec 1. :(

Blue collar. His brother has been quite clingy since, but seems to be doing well otherwise.

Sorry for a downer thread, but I'm feeling the need to share. I feel like I've lost a kid or something.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
:(
rose.gif

sorry for your loss Fausto. it's one we dog owners all have or will have to face.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
rose.gif

sorry for your loss Fausto. it's one we dog owners all have or will have to face.
I know. I've just always been in denial about these guys.

We had to have "the talk" with our daughter as well. She was pretty devastated, but seems to be working through it (ie- she's talking with us about it rather than just corking it up).

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto
rose.gif

I know. I've just always been in denial about these guys.

We had to have "the talk" with our daughter as well. She was pretty devastated, but seems to be working through it (ie- she's talking with us about it rather than just corking it up).
dogs are legitimate members of your family. you'll have to go through a grieving process just like if you lost a human.

heck, it isn't even my dog and i feel bad.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
dogs are legitimate members of your family. you'll have to go through a grieving process just like if you lost a human.

I used to share a house with a married couple. One of their dogs died during the night and the next day the husband looked like he'd gone 20 rounds with Tyson :(

blue1friday2

Mar 22, 2006
Oh man that is really sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I woke up this morning and one of my hamsters had died over night. It just hurts your heart so much... they are so little and utterly depend on you. But I'm sure you gave him the most wonderful life and he always felt happy, safe, and loved. And... probably made you feel the same way.

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I think this is why i dont own a dog cause Im so scared it will die and I will be crushed. From the cuteness of that photo I know you are having a hard time. I hope you feel better m8!

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
sorry to hear man. :( was he just old (15 isn't young for a dog) or did he have some sort of complication?

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
rip puppy

may your dog play with my old 2 dogs that have gone to heaven already

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
sorry to hear man. :( was he just old (15 isn't young for a dog) or did he have some sort of complication?
I think it was mostly old age.

On the happier side of things, his brother got a clean bill of health from the Vet recently, so hopefully we'll have him around for a while longer.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: chr6
rip puppy

may your dog play with my old 2 dogs that have gone to heaven already
We call that "The Land of Slow Butter-Flavored Squirrels". :laugh:

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Sorry man. :(

Both of our purebred shepherds died within a year of each other - both hit by vehicles. One was chasing a rabbit and the other one was banging the bitch at a neighbouring farm.

Hang in there.
rose.gif

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
As mosh said, all dog owners will go through it.
Condolances :(
I've had to have two very old dogs put down in the past. My 12yo Boxer is stone deaf but well otherwise.

...Galvanized

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

Dogs (and cats, too. Parrots and rabbits, even) are family members, and it hurts as much to lose one of them as it hurts to lose a pet. :(