R.A.T. 9 vs Razer Mamba (New Edition)

Which mouse should I get?

• Cyborg R.A.T. 9 - $150

• Razer Mamba (New Edition) - $130

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I've have a Logitech Performance MX mouse and it serves its purpose well.

Came across these two new mice called the R.A.T 9 and Razer Mamba, both wireless and very high DPI (5600 & 6400 respectively speaking) and really cool looks/features.

I am considering getting one of them but I'm not sure which one will work out best for gaming and general use. I have a Razer Black Widow Ultimate keyboard and a Razer IronClad mousepad so a Razer Mamba would be a nice addition but the R.A.T 9 is just incredible; looks like a robot!

Here's more info on the R.A.T 9: http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

The Razer Mamba: http://store.razerzone.com/store/ra...parentCategoryID.35208800/categoryId.35210600

The R.A.T 9 is $150 and the Razer Mamba is $130. Price is not an issue. I just want the best mouse.

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
I have a Mamba (original) and a RAT 7 (wired version of that RAT). I'd take the RAT 7 anyday over the Mamba. Not that there is anything wrong with the Mamba, but I just don't like it's shape. Razer has always made fantastic mice so you can't really go wrong with one but I really like my RAT 7. Probably the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I like Razers but I'm biased. Had them since the Viper and never looked back. Tried wireless Logitechs and Microsofts and never been impressed.

i7

Oct 18, 2009
I have a Razer Mamba. I took a long time trying to decide which wireless to get. I really like it a lot. It serves the purpose and does well as a gaming mouse. I owned a Razer Diamondback (orig version) before so I'm a bit biased. What one pays now-a-days for a mouse, I would test them out before you lay down your hard earned cash for one.

I actually waited on purpose for the drivers to mature before I bought it. As far as the higher dpi, its not a big deal and can be, at times more of a hindrance depending on your style of game play etc.

I just looked at the RAT 9, ..... how do I say this, looks interesting and has a lot of configurable choices but it can be a bit of a dust collector.

Good Luck!

Last edited: