Quizno's Prime Rib and Peppercorn...

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
I must say this is one tasty tasty sub. Enjoying one right now for lunch. It really makes anything subway makes look like small fries in comparison.

Quizno's FTW!

and thank you God for whoever put the Quizno's in my hospital so I can enjoy it nearly daily :)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeh but it cost you how much? Last time I went to Quizno's it was like $9 for a regular sized sub. I can get some pretty damn good meals for that at a sit down restaurant.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Yeh but it cost you how much? Last time I went to Quizno's it was like $9 for a regular sized sub. I can get some pretty damn good meals for that at a sit down restaurant.

So what. That Prime Rib sub melts in your mouth. Their BBQ brisket is just as scrumptious.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

i've paid much more for much less @sit down restaurants also

Quizno's IS expensive, but goddamn that prime rib sandwich is the best sandwich out there right now. Definitely a "splurge" lunch

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: CptCrunch
as much as I like quiznos, I also like having $$ after I eat fast food

A combo @any fast food joint will run about 6 bucks. I'd pay 3 bucks extra (sometimes) to get the gloriousness that is the prime rib sandwich @ Quizno's

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: iRONic

So what. That Prime Rib sub melts in your mouth. Their BBQ brisket is just as scrumptious.

So what? I just think that food prices are really getting out of hand. $9 for just a sub. No drink. No chips. Nothing else. Just the sandwich. Maybe you make decent money, but to me that is rather excessive.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

A combo @any fast food joint will run about 6 bucks. I'd pay 3 bucks extra (sometimes) to get the gloriousness that is the prime rib sandwich @ Quizno's

That says it exactly. When I've been busting my ass working in the ER all day and when I finally get on my lunch break a $9 splurge for a fabulous sub for lunch definitely hits the spot.

And actually it was $7.95 after tax :p

But that was just the sub not the combo.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I miss the days when there were regular Quizno's Buy One Get One Free coupons.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: DeathBUA

That says it exactly. When I've been busting my ass working in the ER all day and when I finally get on my lunch break a $9 splurge for a fabulous sub for lunch definitely hits the spot.

I'm just cheap. If I'm doing fast food for lunch, I'm doing the dollar menu. If I spend more than $3.00 (no drink) I've spent too much.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

I'm just cheap. If I'm doing fast food for lunch, I'm doing the dollar menu. If I spend more than $3.00 (no drink) I've spent too much.

I bring lunch from home 3x a week. Friday is devoted to glorious, glorious NY style pizza. Thurs is whatever the fuck I want, so it better be good =D

And pickin's on the dollar menu are slim these days. Jack in the box is cool, the rest are pretty worthless. Wendy's occasionally...McD is desperation

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005

Yea I'm cheap but not when it comes to food. I mean I work alot of overtime in the ER and when I'm at the hospital and I don't bring my lunch I have choices of the hospital cafeteria, Subway, Wendy's, Quizno's, two mom and pop soup sandwich places, and Au Bon Pain(think Panera Bread) Those are my choices if I don't want to leave the hospital

Frankly Au Bon Pain and the mom and pop stores are WAYYYYYY too expensive(12+ dollars for lunch) The hospital cafeteria...well need I say much else? Wendy's is well...I try to avoid all grease. And if the choice is Subway or Quizno's it'll be Quizno's 99 times out of 100.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Originally posted by: iRONic

So what? I just think that food prices are really getting out of hand. $9 for just a sub. No drink. No chips. Nothing else. Just the sandwich. Maybe you make decent money, but to me that is rather excessive.
Even though I make very good money it's not about that at all. I'll pay a premium price for quality food. My wife and I will splurge at Quizno's about once a month, usually on one of our Saturday landfill/Home Depot runs.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Man our Quizno's around here must suck then because their food is terrible. They run it through that half-assed oven that only gets the sammich luke warm. By the time you actually eat it, you get the impression you are eating food that has been sitting around getting cold.

Not that subway is any better.. MMMmm bread & lettuce sammich, no thanks..

I usually hit up Togo's or Safeway.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Yreka
Man our Quizno's around here must suck then because their food is terrible. They run it through that half-assed oven that only gets the sammich luke warm. By the time you actually eat it, you get the impression you are eating food that has been sitting around getting cold.

Not that subway is any better.. MMMmm bread & lettuce sammich, no thanks..

I usually hit up Togo's or Safeway.

Yeah, sounds like a pretty shitty Quizno's

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I really like Quiznos subs but I really hate dealing with the arrogant 18-24 year old stoners that work at both of them where I live.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
i might consider eating there if they published nutrition info.

I mostly brown bag it, but if I need to get something fast when I am out it's gotta have easily acessible nutrition info or they can keep it.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Turin39789

I mostly brown bag it, but if I need to get something fast when I am out it's gotta have easily acessible nutrition info or they can keep it.

I wouldn't want to know really lol. but I'm sure you can find it at their website?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

I wouldn't want to know really lol. but I'm sure you can find it at their website?

No, no you can't. I just checked google and it looks like they used to have nutrition info up for about 3 of their subs, but you can't even see the google cache version of that.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
christ this thread makes me want to go to quizno's for lunch

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

No, no you can't. I just checked google and it looks like they used to have nutrition info up for about 3 of their subs, but you can't even see the google cache version of that.

wow you're right, they must really not want you to know

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Personally should I have need of services of an ER nurse I'd much prefer that they be happy from having a nice tasty lunch rather than angry that they ate a crap $2 lunch, so go you. :thumbsup:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
good sammish but I can't handle paying almost 13 for the large sub, only to be charged 30 cents more because I want the other bread they offer. That is just sick, add chips and a drink I've surpassed 15 bucks for a walk in fast food joint. That's too much, I can eat 3 combos @ In-N-Out and it will be the same amount of money. :)