Quiz: Do you really know the meaning of woke? Real time.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"Woke" stems from social justice which was promoted during the 1960s, and part of the civil rights movement. When late capitalism kicked it, in turned into political correctness plus reverse racism like affirmative action (see works by Stanley Fish and what law schools taught concerning critical race theory). After that, following John Money et al, it devolved into identity politics, e.g., 50+ genders, claims that "all lives matter" is racist, and normalizing deviant behavior like pedophilia.
Because that was such a horrible thing for the country.

Woke definition has never changed. Radical right wingers redefined and demonized the meaning. Now they have made diversity a bad word but as in my signature I remind people without diversity MLB would still be all white.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Woke definition has never changed. Radical right wingers redefined and demonized the meaning. Now they have made diversity a bad word but as in my signature I remind people without diversity MLB would still be all white.
What signature?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017

Their honest reply to that would be "...and?"

All-white baseball is Maga. It's Field of Dreams, apple pie, and if you go back far enough, even the uppity women wouldn't have the vote! (We won't mention the all-white Black sox)

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Thats funny cause all I see on channel stupid (conservative news pushers on social media) is that both is failures at the box office. Still pushing straight up alt. facts.
You know as well as I do that it will never change.

Reactions: Pohemi

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Maybe you know answer to this...

The quote function on the tapatalk phone app no longer works. Instead of quote I get a normal reply screen.

I don't use tapatalk. I'm using a mobile browser. No sigs in a mobile browser.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I don't use tapatalk. I'm using a mobile browser. No sigs in a mobile browser.
depending on the mobile browser (chrome for instance) has an option under the 3 dots top right corner, that says "desktop site". try checking that option, if yours has it, and see if that helps.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
depending on the mobile browser (chrome for instance) has an option under the 3 dots top right corner, that says "desktop site". try checking that option, if yours has it, and see if that helps.

It does, but then it's not as usable. I use the forum on my desktop more often anyhow. :)

Reactions: NWRMidnight