Quick, what to do with dry ice?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bobomatic

Dec 31, 2001
Put it in the bottle with some hot water and wait for it to explode? Generally not a good idea unless you're really careful.

The bottle doesent explode right away, it takes 5 minutes, i think, its been a while since Ive done it. Just get like 30 feet away from it. It is really loud though.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
demostrate how magnesium burns with anything that has oxygen in it.
That was my junior college chemisty demo for two years. We had a road show to the elementary and junior high schools, it was great fun!
:D:p

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
Originally posted by: no0b
well just dont use that much magnesium and if you wanna put it out you can always use a fire exhiguisher or water ;) :D :cool:

I should smack you for that one, but I won't.

*smack*

I lied.

You didnt get it shame on you I almost had him try to extinguish the fire with water.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Put it on your ring fingers, around your wrist, and on a bunch of chains around your neck.

BLING BLINGIN' WIT ALL DAT ICE BABY!

WERD UP.

Francodman

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
OK, we used 3 20oz bottles and the first time, my friend went to check if he screwed the cap on (mistake. . ;)) It blew up right when he was <10 feet away. Second time, we did two at a time. This time, we ran away so that our ears wouldn't bleed. We get in the house and hear POP! . A minute later, the other one blows up :) This was all in a mormon church parking lot right in front of my friends house...Mmmmm sacriligious...

Oh, and the cops came about 30 mins later, circling the parking lot :)

Scary, but fun nonetheless.

PhoKing

Aug 8, 2000
freeze two cans of shaving cream, open the can and dump the contents into a car. foam will fill up entire car, once it's heated back to normal temperature.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: PhoKing
freeze two cans of shaving cream, open the can and dump the contents into a car. foam will fill up entire car, once it's heated back to normal temperature.

LOL! Good one, I never thought of that:D