Quick question about the 2005fpw and big screen

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by imported_Krypto, Dec 21, 2005.

1. imported_Krypto

imported_Krypto Senior member

Do i need to keep the box if i have a problem with the lcd to send it back or can i use any box?

When I run dual screens on my lcd and big screen through s-video on the big screen the big screen turns to crap, it won't stop scrolling black streaks. is it possible to run the big screen as a second monitor or should I just leave it alone with my 2005. I tried messing with the settings on my x600 (it sucks but i am getting a gtx512 soon) but nothing changed with the big screen, and I am afraid to set it as a primary because I might not be able to set it back because I won't be able to see anything.

Anyone know?

2. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Diamond Member

i keep all boxes until the warranty runs out. Most of my smaller boxes fit inside my case box

3. ND40oz

ND40oz Golden Member

If you have a problem with your 2005, dell will send you out a new one and you return your old one in the box they send you. There's no reason to keep the box around unless you have the space or you just like looking at it.

4. GamerExpress

GamerExpress Banned

Yep QFT, good luck with the 2005, It's an awesome monitor...when it works.

5. pulsedrive

pulsedrive Senior member

WTH does that mean? There are VERY few folks who have had problems with these monitors, WELL within industry standards for failed parts, what problems have you had?

6. imported_Krypto

imported_Krypto Senior member

Exactly what I wanted to know.

Gamerexpress doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, he's been PM'ing me a bunch of random bullsh*t, no need to pay attention to what this person thinks.

The 2005 IS a very nice lcd, I have had no problems at all with it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something like it.