quick question about temps I'm getting

samule

Oct 17, 2012
so I recently built a new system with a 3570k with an h100 in an asrock z77 extreme4. the h100 was from my previous build so I cleaned off the old thermal paste and applied some arctic silver 5, I know I should have probably gotten the mx4 but thats beside the point. I know that AS5 has a break in period but I just had a few questions if these temps are good, I want to overclock at some point and I wanna know if I have the room so here are my results.

I hopped on BF3 64 player to load up the CPU, I like prime95 but it scares me a little bit especially with this new equipment. I Idle at around 30* C and at full load on bf3 64 player I maxxed out at about 59* C on the hottest core.

I applied the thermal paste in a line method that was suggested on the arctic silver website, and I dont think I put too much on. The room I am in was quite warm at the time because in my house my room seems to be the hottest of them all. the fans are not push pull but I do have plenty of ventilation in the case. Also I do have dual graphics cards.

My question is are these temps acceptable for a stock 3570k with an h100? should I try and reseat the heatsink and apply the thermal paste again? or should I wait for break in period and see what temps are then? I tried doing a search on this forum and others but I really couldn't find much.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
If you are maxing out at anything less that 80°c under heavy gaming then you are fine. At 59°C on the hottest core (knowing that this means the other cores will most likely be 2-8°C under this number) you have a decent amount of headroom available for OCing.

You might shave a few degrees off here and there with some more exotic solutions (think full water loop or pulling the IHS off your CPU to replace the standard TIM but unless you are planning on going for a crazy high OC i wouldn't bother).

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Those are good temps for a 3570K at stock with an H100.

Here's what I found with my 3770K as I attempted to improve (reduce) operating temps at full load and stock clocks:

HistoryofThermalImprovements3770k.png

samule

Oct 17, 2012
alright, awesome. I figured they were fine but I just wanted to be sure my h100 was working to its full potential. I'm enjoying the hell out of this chip considering I went from an old phenom II to this. the difference is really night and day. now I just need an SSD to really set it off!