Quick Poll: Should Trump be Impeached?

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Should Trump be Impeached?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
I can choose to believe what you say about it.............Someone I wouldn't trust in the same room alone with my grandchildren or to believe a number of attorneys and ex-district attorneys i've seen commenting on the subject on television and on the radio. Thanks, but i'll believe the attorneys and District Attorneys i've seen commenting on it.

Of course you can, you can also choose to believe that you are beautiful little girl dancing around the living room with Queen Victoria cheering away.

Which makes just as much sense.

Also, you managed to include two of the steps in this one post, denial and bargaining. The next is anger.

Reactions: Amused
Jul 9, 2009
You can believe whatever you want. Sworn testimony has been used to convict many, many people.

If you don’t know this you’re very dumb. I suspect you do know this though and so you’re just a liar.
You don't even know that to be a valid campaign expenditure it has to be something that is only for the campaign and would not have occurred otherwise. Trump has a history of having his ex-mistresses and ex-wives sign NDAs. It wasn't a campaign expenditure, it was just Trump business as usual.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You don't even know that to be a valid campaign expenditure it has to be something that is only for the campaign and would not have occurred otherwise. Trump has a history of having his ex-mistresses and ex-wives sign NDAs. It wasn't a campaign expenditure, it was just Trump business as usual.

Haha look at you flail.

This is what happens when partisanship overcomes rational thought.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
But can you imagine yourself defending a person like that? We have a moral leper for President. Where is the shame?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's a crime for Cohen to have done it and even that is arguable, it's not a crime for Trump to pay hush money to an old mistress.

Of course it is. It was an undeclared campaign contribution. It is the absolute definition of that crime.

You can't just invent shit and smile about how smart you are while rubbing your butt in the shit you just created. Well, I guess you can, actually. You did just do that. Point being: no one is going to take you seriously when you do it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If you pay someone to commit a murder (and they do it), guess what? You're a murderer! Did you know it works that way for other crimes too? No one needs to argue the facts of this one. That Cohen plead guilty to felony campaign finance violation establishes with zero uncertainty that his actions were criminal. Ergo, if they were directed by Trump, his actions were with zero uncertainty criminal. That is the only element which needs to be established to affirm Trump's guilt.

The idea "that's why you pay a lawyer to do it" is nonsense. You receive no legal protection for paying a lawyer to commit a crime on your behalf. Whether or not they are a lawyer, that person in this context is no legal representative. They are a co-conspirator.

Reactions: Younigue
Jul 9, 2009
Of course it is. It was an undeclared campaign contribution. It is the absolute definition of that crime.

You can't just invent shit and smile about how smart you are while rubbing your butt in the shit you just created. Well, I guess you can, actually. You did just do that. Point being: no one is going to take you seriously when you do it.
You don't even seem to know that in an impeachment the crime has to occur during the Presidency, not before the election. Your ignorance of the law is no excuse.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The reason that Righties keep dismissing the felonious use of personal funds to aid a campaign and election is simple. They don't believe in the federal election laws. They've been skirting the intent of the laws and the FEC for decades. For instance, the notion of "political innovation" was applied to excuse what they did with the 501(c) law to avoid reporting to the FEC. Either way, they would've avoided tax reporting with exempt status, but avoiding the FEC requirements meant that people contributing over the limits -- transfers of large sums and so forth -- would not be identified as supporting a candidate.

There is irony in the hush money situation. The money -- personal money of Trump -- was paid to silence people who otherwise wanted to exercise their First Amendment rights and publish their stories. If Trump had followed the FEC requirements, the reporting of the expenditures would have defeated the reason for making them in the first place.

Trump admitted to Cohen and others that the money was spent to avoid losing votes in the election. It was not done to save his wife embarrassment. Here, intent is everything. He intended, by making the payments, to withhold information from the public affecting the election. The expenditure was therefore done specifically to facilitate the campaign. The expenditure should have been reported, and intentionally failing to report it is a felony.

It is very likely that there will be corroborating testimony from others, so dismissing Cohen's statements as "he-said-he-said" won't fly. Otherwise, they wouldn't have picked up Pecker and Weisselberg under immunity.

And as I said before, the amount of money only counts when it falls under the threshold of FEC regs. A $199 payment to Stormy or Karen would be undetectable. It would not have to be reported. Anything bigger would be above the radar, and would essentially be a form of fraud, even if the fraud itself were not illegal. Paying off hookers to protect your reputation isn't illegal, but violating federal election law to affect the election most certainly is.

I believe we should enforce campaign finance laws the way progressives want immigration laws enforced, rarely to never at all.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
"roughshod over the Constitution" "
How about a couple of examples of that hyperbolic claim?

Not voting on Kavanaugh's confirmation would be running roughshod over the Constitution if it was legally called for.

You mean like the (R)'s did when they refused to vote on O'Bummer's nomination?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Reactions: Younigue

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
YOu say so much but the question really was what did trump do and what evidence is there? :) you just go off on tangents always patting your self on the back, your opinion is the only one that matters right? and im a traitor because i just ask what he did wrong? sorry there wasn't a memo sent out to me i missed it, Im sure he has lots of gray area activity being a businessman and prez, at least he is not going for a new oil business right? heh so lets just focus on what was done and how to prove it show to the citizens to make a change. If i dont know about something and you cant tell me and just attack me how does that help me know? i only know that you dont want to focus on the topic and attack anyone who asks a question :)
LOL! Funny shit.

I "attack" because people like you who ask questions aren't genuinely asking questions. They're diverting and have no intention of knowing anything other than Trump's their guy. The most astounding thing about you isn't actually that you support Trump though that's some sick fu*king shit right there it was discovering the sheer magnitude of the number of Americans who arrived at the conclusion that being stupid isn't just acceptable but preferred and something to be proud of.

THAT is the ONLY thing Trump has given to you/them oh and normalizing hate (fear and insecurity) again.

Of course his crimes, his treason, his predatorial nature, his corruption all matter and must be thrust in to the light at every opportunity until that piece of shit is forced out of office but what's become of his supporters is despicable and almost unforgivable. I will continue to call you names because you deserve it. You deserve it a hell of a lot more than you deserve answers you won't understand because you can't and won't.

It's not that Trump made y'all dumb, that was already true. He told you fu*ks it's ok to live your stupidity out loud. To me that rates right up there with his criminal, treasonous activity.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If Trump were a Democrat his ass would have been impeached shortly after taking office by the Repub controlled Congress.

This ridiculous gap that many of Trump's supporters have between being maniacally hateful of "the enemy" (any person that says anything critical of Trump no matter how truthful and factual it is) ) and the infinite tolerance they have for Trump's despicably treacherous behavior and deeds can only be described as the insane led by the insane.

There is absolutely nothing good that can happen from perpetuating such insanity. It can only make things worse for us and our allies and so much better for Putin, the apparent friend and ally of Trump and his millions of misguided cult members.

*edited for strong language.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You don't even seem to know that in an impeachment the crime has to occur during the Presidency, not before the election. Your ignorance of the law is no excuse.

No, it doesn’t. In fact, one of the primary scenarios the founders thought of for impeachment was someone achieving the presidency through corrupt means.

Stop lying and making things up.

Dec 10, 2005
I think as a matter of course, he should be impeached, otherwise, we will have created a barrier to accountability so high, that basically no one will ever be impeached and presidents can do whatever they think they can get away with.

What's the point of a system of checks and balances if one branch abdicates its constitutionally mandated duties?

Reactions: uclaLabrat

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Don't forget the implied Whataboutism.

I don’t need to imply it, both sides absolutely ignore laws when politically expedient. Stop doing so if you dislike being called on it. Better yet stop rationalizing to yourself to one lie (Clinton’s) is better than another (Trump’s) for the sole reason of which political party the teller belonged to.

bermont33

Aug 24, 2018
What corruption did trump do exactly! Russia didn't put a gun to anyone's head and tell them who to vote for. The only collusion was between trump and over half of american voters voters. Talk about poor loosers.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Dec 10, 2005
What corruption did trump do exactly! Russia didn't put a gun to anyone's head and tell them who to vote for. The only collusion was between trump and over half of american voters voters. Talk about poor loosers.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Oh look, a new sockpuppet.