Quick Poll: Should Trump be Impeached?

Should Trump be Impeached?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Based on Trump now being an unindicted co-conspirator via Cohen, should Congress act to impeach the president?

Or do you not believe that the arbitrary threshold of "high crimes and misdemeanors" has not been met?

Thank you for your participation.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
He should be, but he won't as long as Republicans hold the House. (And he definitely won't be convicted as long as the Republicans hold the Senate.) Party before country for the modern GOP.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
How about impeached for treason for being a Russian agent undermining American interests? Then it'd be a real poll.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
He should be, but he won't as long as Republicans hold the House. (And he definitely won't be convicted as long as the Republicans hold the Senate.) Party before country for the modern GOP.

I'm sure about impeachment but I'm not sure about effectively short-circuiting Mueller before he's ready. Either impeach him before Sept 4th (and good luck with that, it's Kavanaugh's hearing date) or go in with everything and the kitchen sink. We're not going after Enron, we're going after the Mob.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Given what we know he’s done to date it’s more appropriate to vote out in 2020 than impeach. That could change in an instant if we find out more though or Trump incriminates himself in a major crime.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Of course he should be impeached. We need to save the office from the criminal shitstain currently in it. We can't have a Russian asset as CiC.

It would have already happened by now if republicans weren't spineless sacks of shit who place party before country.

Reactions: bigboxes

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Given what we know he’s done to date it’s more appropriate to vote out in 2020 than impeach. That could change in an instant if we find out more though or Trump incriminates himself in a major crime.
To the first part: why?
To the second, what needs to change? What, among what's out there, if it is proven, or confessed, would be something that would warrant impeachment for you?

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
The thing, just because one dislike his policy, it is not ground for impeachment. You can hate him but I do not think he have done anything that is impeachable yet. Remember they try to impeach Clinton for lying under oath.

Reactions: killster1

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The thing, just because one dislike his policy, it is not ground for impeachment. You can hate him but I do not think he have done anything that is impeachable yet. Remember they try to impeach Clinton for lying under oath.
You should look into what grounds for impeachment include.

I, personally, am not advocating impeachment because I dislike his policies. It is because he is a criminal and a liar.

Also, seems like you didn't vote...

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Being liar is not a crime. Lying under oath is. Obama lie a ton as well. Morally bankrupt maybe but not a crime.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Personally I think lying to the american public is enough to be impeached. When the president sends men and women to die on the battlefield, its pretty important that the people believe him that he is telling the truth about the necessity of such actions. If the guy is a constant liar, how can he do his job?

How many of us would keep our jobs if we repeatedly lied to our boss at work? Why is the office of the presidency any different?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There are some downsides to impeachment. For one, Mike Pence might not be better, and could be worse. For another, as a political strategy, impeachment might not work as well as trying to get him voted out.

In spite of those downsides, I nevertheless agree he needs to be thrown out. We can't allow this kind of naked criminality to persist in the oval office. It sends to the wrong message to future POTUSES.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
He should have been already, and there's no chance it will happen at least until the midterms unless something new breaks and things get out of hand. Despite the Cohen plea, even Dems are trying to put things off. No one wants to rock the boat this close to an election. Unfortunately, what is being said is that things should wait until Mueller finishes. That may take a long time. Maybe he'll release a report on obstruction after the new Congress takes over allowing action. Either that, or people are going to have to betray what they've said already.

Reactions: Thebobo

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Personally I think lying to the american public is enough to be impeached. When the president sends men and women to die on the battlefield, its pretty important that the people believe him that he is telling the truth about the necessity of such actions. If the guy is a constant liar, how can he do his job?

How many of us would keep our jobs if we repeatedly lied to our boss at work? Why is the office of the presidency any different?
In that case every single past president should have been impeached. Remember how Obama lie about how you can keep your health if you like it when he push for ACA? The reason why Clinton was nearly impeach is lying under oath.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
In that case every single past president should have been impeached. Remember how Obama lie about how you can keep your health if you like it when he push for ACA? The reason why Clinton was nearly impeach is lying under oath.
I like how you pull one lie for Obama and Clinton when Trump has lied more times than nearly anyone has been able to keep track.

Saying they are the same is so disingenuous as to be beyond my ability to believe you're for real.

Here. Check this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...atabase/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8c30d3ef6ecb

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Coming back to you, I'm not saying you can't have the opinion that he shouldn't be impeached or that it is even wrong, but I am frustrated that your reasoning for having that opinion seems, at best, muddled.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
How dare you!

Daddy Trump ain't going nowhere!!

#MAGA
#GoRUSSIA
#Trump2099

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Coming back to you, I'm not saying you can't have the opinion that he shouldn't be impeached or that it is even wrong, but I am frustrated that your reasoning for having that opinion seems, at best, muddled.
I am fine with him being impeached if there are hard evidence he committed impeachable offense. The fact remain you can't impeach someone just because one doesn't like his policy or if he is an asshole.