Quick mp3 player question.

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
i just picked up this mp3 player its a Sony VGF-AP1L VAIO (that link is for reference that's not where i bought it). THe program it comes with (Sonic Stage) runs painfully slow. I was wondering if I could use Itunes with this player (probably can't) or any other software. Thanks a lot.

matstars

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
I'd say it's HIGHLY unlikely you can use iTunes, but it may be possible with some other program. Some of the VAIO mp3 players only support ATRAC format, and if this is one of them, that'll make it harder to find other software. I'd try Google.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
argh, lesson is never buy sony mp3 players. theres a reason they lost the market to apple. and they still havent learned.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Those badmouthing Sony have obviously never used an NW-HD5. Great mp3 player. SonicStage still sucks though.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: matstars
Werk,
Is there a replacement that you know of.
Nope, you have to convert your tunes to ATRAC before transfer, that's why it's so slow and Sonic Stage is the only software that'll do it. Their new players are mp3 native though. Wish they supported wma/Janus though...

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: werk
Werk,
Is there a replacement that you know of.
Nope, you have to convert your tunes to ATRAC before transfer, that's why it's so slow and Sonic Stage is the only software that'll do it. Their new players are mp3 native though. Wish they supported wma/Janus though...

ATRAC 8 Track

say both very quickly and they sound quite similar.

would seem like any company marketing an Audio player format would avoid something that sounded so much like 8 Track.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
i just picked up this mp3 player its a Sony VGF-AP1L VAIO (that link is for reference that's not where i bought it). THe program it comes with (Sonic Stage) runs painfully slow. I was wondering if I could use Itunes with this player (probably can't) or any other software. Thanks a lot.

matstars

For your own sake I hope you're right and you bought it here instead.

Jul 16, 2005
Those badmouthing Sony have obviously never used an NW-HD5. Great mp3 player. SonicStage still sucks though.

Although I can't vouche for the NW-HD5, I can say that Sound Stage is a horrific program. So, is the Atrac encoding thing. I got that junk when I got a Sony MP3 CD player. The player was great, the software was utter crap.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: Leviathan

Although I can't vouche for the NW-HD5, I can say that Sound Stage is a horrific program. So, is the Atrac encoding thing. I got that junk when I got a Sony MP3 CD player. The player was great, the software was utter crap.

I agree I used to have MD players. That's where Sony went wrong, going with propretary tech, 8track beta max and now super audio.