quick linux question...

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
I'm just curious it requires a format of the drive that it's being installed to? I want to install it to one of the drives that I currently use for storage and don't want to have to format...Any help is appreciated :)

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
Originally posted by: thawolfman
I'm just curious it requires a format of the drive that it's being installed to? I want to install it to one of the drives that I currently use for storage and don't want to have to format...Any help is appreciated :)

you can use a program like Partition Magic to make a new partition on the drive using some or all of the free space.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Argh!!! I always wanted to install linux seeing as i have about 15 boxed copies and DLed two or three, but i could never get past the installation, more specifically, setting up the /root /bin /tmp sizes or whatever that part is called.

-=bmacd=-

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: dude8604
Originally posted by: thawolfman

you can use a program like Partition Magic to make a new partition on the drive using some or all of the free space.

good call :D