quick flash help...(mac users wanted)

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
I've got a flash file that I published from within Flash 5. First time, I did it as a Flash 5 file and it works fine on a PC but not on a MAC. Actually, it worked for awhile on a mac and now it doesn't anymore. I don't know anything that I changed.

So, then I tried to export as Flash 4 in case the people viewing it didn't have 5 (which I know they do). Still, they get nothing but a black screen. On a PC, it works fine, Macs get a black screen.

http://www.migonline.com/new/migintro3.html

Anyway, we'd like to get this up and running on a MAC. We aren't done with the animation, but as it is now, we don't want to continue to work on it until it is working on both PCs and MACs.

Any suggestions?

grr8scott

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2000
sent this thread to my wife who duz web design and flash work, and she said there was no problem viewing the site in IE and Netscape both.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Oooh, I get to take my mac user out of the closet and dust him off and put him to use. It's been a while, his eyes are adjusting to the light. hehe jk

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
I think I figured out why it wasn't working, but it doesn't seem very logical. On the version that wasn't working on the MAC, I had the following parameter:

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="flash/migintro3.swf">

I tried publishing it in different version and so forth. Then, I tried saving in the same directory as the file calling it. Thus:

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="migintro3.swf">

Then, it started working. So, I guess the particular MAC machines I was using to test wouldn't get the .swf file from the directory below it. I can't imagine why it wouldn't grab it from another directory, but it wouldn't. I tried a couple different mac machines around town (my buddies were checking for me) and none worked until I threw them in the same directory.

Go figure.