quick comment

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Moderator's please lock this ASAP before another flame war starts.

The gentleman that was kicked of the DELTA airline is my neighbor. We know their family and can say that they pose no threat whatsoever. Just wanted to make this comment to tell those that this is in fact a true story and not made up. I've talked to several friends (anglos, hispanics, and african-americans) of mine from my city. We all agreed that Delta or someone owes him a public apology. I'm of SIKH faith and not Muslim, and yet a bunch of us have been attacked and some also killed for having different looks.

The president needs to stop being John Wayne and make a speech regarding hate crimes. This is ridiculous. Whatever happened to the foundation of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA?

to those who say that the Pilot did the right thing, i'd like to hear the same words from you if it happens to you in the future.

peace,

Davinder Singh

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
IBL

dave,

i feel for you and your people, but can you blame the passengers for being scared after the WTC incident?? i'm not saying what happened was not wrong, but....but....nothing. just wanted to let you know that i sympathize.

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If I'm not mistaken, every since this started our President has said that we should not unjustly persicute (sp?) anyone of a middle eastern background. Just my .02 worth.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i'm unclear on what actually happened, was this guy literally kicked off the plane, or did they just take him off?

and of course, if this happened to me, i would be pissed off. but that's natural, as somebody who this is not happening too, i can understand the pilots being uncomfortable. i agree, it really sucks that sikhs and other dark skinned people are being lumped in with terrorists, but until the airline employees receive enough proper training that they can discern the differences, i feel that we are better off inconveniencing a few people than risking another incident.

and they should apologize, but i don't think they should stop the practice of removing those whom they feel are a threat at this point.

and i'm not sure this is a hate crime... they're guilty of fear and ignorance, not hate imho.