Quick car thread: What soap to use?

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
I don't have any car soap right now... so what's the next best option? Dishwasher soap?

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
oh yeah, i haven't waxed the car in many months so no need to worry about taking off the nonexistant wax...

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Lots of places suggest using Dawn. It's good at removing the stuck-on stuff. It'll strip off wax too.

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Just use enough Dawn to make some suds. You don't want lots of bubbles, that means you put to much Dawn in and it'll leave a nasty residue when it dries. Trust me, I wash cars as an odd ball job.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: NokiaDude
Just use enough Dawn to make some suds. You don't want lots of bubbles, that means you put to much Dawn in and it'll leave a nasty residue when it dries. Trust me, I wash cars as an odd ball job.
i wish i had waited 22 more minutes for this post :( Left some weird marks, but I kept washing and washing until they went away

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Originally posted by: PoPPeR
Originally posted by: NokiaDude
i wish i had waited 22 more minutes for this post :( Left some weird marks, but I kept washing and washing until they went away

rolleye.gif