Quick and dirty A64 clocking guide **UPDATE** X2 OC information!

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marty502

Aug 25, 2007
In my experience, close to none.

In fact, somebody at Diy-street.com (or whatever the old DFI forums is called now) did a few tests with different memory speed and 1T/2T settings. The difference between those was minimal, like 3%.

I'll try to dig that thread up.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
it needs to be updated for X2 Kuma with HT up to 1800, can it go further up or 1800 is the limit ?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: OCedHrt
The newest prime95 seems to be multicore capable.

Indeed. I opened up this thread last night when I was OCing my 4800+ and noticed that Prime95 lets you specify the number of cores to test.

Anyway, I have more testing to do, but at the moment I seem to be stable with the following setup:

Core speed: 3.1 GHz
Voltage: 1.475 V in BIOS, 1.45 V according to CPU-Z
FSB: 248 MHz
HT link: 992 MT/s
DDR: 744 MHz

I'm a bit concerned that my voltage is too high, but only for reliability reasons. My temps are fine, remaining under 40C when maxed out.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
does this guide apply to overclocking phenomII's as well? eg would it be the same methodology as overclocking my s939 rig? thanks in advance.

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
wow, talk about an stickied yet abandoned thread!
I have a somewhat specific question here:

this venice 3000 E6 I have here OCs nicely up to 246 FSB, but any higher than that would not get into the windows.
I think its the mobo not being able to go higher on the HT Link speed, can anyone remind me whats the limit on the KT800 chipset?
Here is what I am getting with CPU-Z
the mobo I am using with the CPU is MSI 6702 1.0 (Neo-FIS2R)
there isn't anything that looks like an LDT setting in the bios IIRC, unfortunately :(

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I did a quick look, but couldn't find anything with a stated limit for that chipset. I did find that nearly every overclock I saw on that board was maxed out at 245MHz for the HT link. So that may be the practical limit on that chipset, or it may just be a total coincidence. (I only saw two other overclocks, so it isn't a large sample size.)

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
thanks, I think I will just live with it. still not a shabby overclock from 2ghz to 2.45ghz :)

Shaolinfist

Jul 23, 2009
Hi there, great thread! I am having some issues though with the voltage settings on my mobo. I have found the max safe HTT/FSB as 280Mhz and am running the chipset tests, but I can only bump my cpu core up to 1.35V. There are other voltage settings on my board that aren't addressed in this thread and I am at a loss as to what to set them at. Hopefully someone can help me out!

HT Link Voltage
NB Voltage

Oh, I also have the MSI Dual core center, which although I am not using it to overclock, it does have a voltage setting for MCH which I dont have a clue what it is for!
As I said I have no clue what to do with these and would really appreciate some input.
Thanks