Questions for Brett Kavanaugh, SCOTUS nominee

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We already know he won't answer any questions about Roe V Wade so excluding that one, what questions should the nominee be asked to flush out his judicial philosophy?

I'll start..

Does the government have the right to step in if a family refuses blood transfusions for their children when their condition is life threatening? If so why. If not, why not.

What lessons should we take from the Terry Schivo case?

Reactions: Jaskalas
Jul 9, 2009
I want to ask you all sorts of bullshit hypothetical questions about possible future cases. Are you stupid enough to answer them?

What? No, you're not? Thank you.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
With your previous argument that ISPs have a first amendment right filter what passes through their network to end users would this allow ISPs as active manager of content instead of the passive pipes they were under NN to be sued for all copyright infringement taking place through their pipes?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Brett M. Kavanaugh thanked President Trump for his nomination to the Supreme Court on Monday night. Almost immediately, he made a thoroughly strange and quite possibly bogus claim.

“No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination,” Kavanaugh said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-nominee-was-bizarre/?utm_term=.4ca4d0bf3d92

My question: "Do understand why you are a throwaway nominee and that Trump is using you?"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I want to ask you all sorts of bullshit hypothetical questions about possible future cases. Are you stupid enough to answer them?

What? No, you're not? Thank you.
So I guess that's why Republicans judge candidates don't want to answer questions about Brown v Board of Ed? It's going to be a future case? You guys want to bring back separate but equal?

Terry Schivo isn't a hypothetical it is history.

Jul 9, 2009
I want to ask if you if we can redistribute your compute power over to mining cryptocurrency rather than the useless function it is currently serving.
You're somehow opposed to people that use their computers for gaming and you want to take them over?

Authoritarian much?

Jul 9, 2009
So no interview or vetting? Are they hiring at your company? Asking for a friend...
Of course you have interviews and vetting, but the idea that a forum bully is going to frame inane and gotcha questions to someone of Judge Kavanaugh's intellect and think he'd answer them is pretty funny.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Of course you have interviews and vetting, but the idea that a forum bully is going to frame inane and gotcha questions to someone of Judge Kavanaugh's intellect and think he'd answer them is pretty funny.

Ahh, "gotcha" questions. How retro! I haven't heard that term since Sarah Palin.

Of course most people know those as "real questions". Compared to the hard hitting queries we can expect from republicans such as "what's your favorite color?" and "how much do you love puppies?"

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I found this shit in my local Detroit News HILARIOUS today! Pure fucking comedy GOLD,

Right to Life of Michigan called on Stabenow and Peters on Tuesday to vote to confirm Kavanaugh to the high court, with President Barbara Listing arguing that Kavanaugh's record "shows fairness in applying the law as written."

"The only reason Sens. Stabenow or Peters could object to his nomination is because they don't believe he'll rule according to their wishes," Listing said in a statement.

"Judges exist to interpret the law as written, not cheat voters and elected officials out of their responsibilities. The job of U.S. senators is to thoroughly vet judicial nominees, not block them because they aren't biased enough."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...s-stabenow-peters-kavanaugh-scotus/771655002/

Oddly enough, they never sent a similar letter to Republican senators when U.S. senators blocked Obama's pick...

Hypocrisy is they name Right To Birth twats...

I don't think the GOP should have been little bitches and blocked Obama's nominee so I also don't think the Democrats should do the same...

I would simply wait until they have control again and add 4 or 5 new Justices onto the Court...

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You're somehow opposed to people that use their computers for gaming and you want to take them over?

Authoritarian much?

lol! I actually confused you for Incorruptible there and was simply suggesting that you (as Incorruptible) would be better off as a crypto-miner than the useless AI online trollbot function that you currently serve.

:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"Elections have consequences."

- Guess who.

Goes along with Glenn's admission today: "Well the Republicans cheat, so that's how they win. What are you gonna do about it?"

See, republicans don't fucking care about law, ethics, morality, or simple rules. It's just about team sportsing.

Reactions: umbrella39

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'd like to know when the Bush Presidential Library will be releasing all of Kavanaugh's emails from his time in the Administration. Did he lie to Durbin under oath??

#ButHisEmails